Why you ride downhill and what keeps you riding downhill

PB Forum :: Downhill
Why you ride downhill and what keeps you riding downhill
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 13:45 Quote
I love the two sides of it.

there is that really competitive race scene and then you can just go out with your buddies and just ride.

when you get injured and you're off for a long time nothing feels better than getting back on and having a great session.

GO! Big Grin

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 14:02 Quote
I have done Downhill, and I do want to do it again, but for me its just the speed, its an adrenaline (sp?) rush Smile Thats what makes me want to do it again.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 14:54 Quote
I love riding downhill precisely because I cannot accurately describe or name exactly what it is I love about it. I just do.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 14:55 Quote
Gravity!!

I started at the top...and kinda went faster and faster down....

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 5:15 Quote
The grin on your face when you have perfectly cleaned a run and cant wait to get back up to do it again. Most people you ride with all love the same thing so the craic is always good..

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 5:19 Quote
It free's the mind.
When you go down that hill, All you think of is the trail, and your ass. Its all about concentration. I love it because I dont have to think about anything else, I forget all my troubles.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 5:31 Quote
One word for you: ADRENALINE!!!!! tup

FL
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 5:38 Quote
i love it when i take a tumble get up do it again because of the adrenaline rush i get from it and i dont stop till i pin it right

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 5:47 Quote
masterk wrote:
i love it when i take a tumble get up do it again because of the adrenaline rush i get from it and i dont stop till i pin it right
That's nice, but what I hate is when you tumble, and the adrenaline rush has you thinkin' "that was nothin'", and then you get up, start to walk away, and the wave of pain hits you like a sack of bricks!

FL
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 5:49 Quote
haha i woke up this morning with rib pains but im fine ill defo be doing it again

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 5:53 Quote
masterk wrote:
haha i woke up this morning with rib pains but im fine ill defo be doing it again
Yeah, I had a wreck before, where I met the skate park roller with my chin, kept telling people I was fine, then went to the ER to findout I was 1mm from seeing my jaw bone, and had a broken arm on top of that... lol

FL
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 5:58 Quote
banshee-ripper wrote:
masterk wrote:
Yeah, I had a wreck before, where I met the skate park roller with my chin, kept telling people I was fine, then went to the ER to findout I was 1mm from seeing my jaw bone, and had a broken arm on top of that... lol
bloody hell must of freeked you out how old was you when you did that

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 6:08 Quote
masterk wrote:
banshee-ripper wrote:
masterk wrote:
bloody hell must of freeked you out how old was you when you did that
That one I was 21(i'll be 28 in june) for, and that was my first ever broken bone...

But the wreck that really freaked me out, was two years later, when I was going fast down a road hill, and went to turn in a driveway. It had a bit of a curb to it, front wheel goes up the curb, rear wheel slides along it. Something caught, and next thing I know, I'm meeting a steel grate with my face(no helmut), and in the thirty seconds it took me to come to my senses(realize what happened), There was an anurism(busted blood vessel, filling a pocket of blood), which made a goose bump right over my right eye, "Approximately the size of a gulfball burried under the skin"(EMT's Exact words)...

With how fast that thing developed, I thought my head was gonna explode or something! Eek Ontop of that, was a broken nose. Funny thing is, drs told me I would have two black eyes with the broken nose, and yet neither one blackened! lol

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 8:42 Quote
Cause i go to college and spend most of the days hours board, for the 5mins it takes to burn down a course at speed with the adrenaline rush you feel truely alive Beer

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 8:51 Quote
because its soo much fun to ride at high speeds! and i love rocks Smile

gravity does Razz

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009557
Mobile Version of Website