Why you ride downhill and what keeps you riding downhill

PB Forum :: Downhill
Why you ride downhill and what keeps you riding downhill
Author Message
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 9:05 Quote
because for that short amount of time, there is absolutely no time to think about anything other than what is in front of you. It sounds cheesy but you can truly live within the moment. Nothing about my job, bills, home life, stresses, can bother me for that short period of time. And I like to go fast.

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 9:29 Quote
I don't think it's about the speed for me I think it's more about how quick and hard you can accelerate.

it's such a sick feeling to be barreling over rough terrain and then you hit a jump and it's just dead silence for a split second.

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 9:39 Quote
JohnJameson wrote:
because for that short amount of time, there is absolutely no time to think about anything other than what is in front of you. It sounds cheesy but you can truly live within the moment. Nothing about my job, bills, home life, stresses, can bother me for that short period of time. And I like to go fast.
+1
It's just you, and the dirt. Nothing else matters(apart from avoiding trees of course).

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 9:45 Quote
i dont have to cycle up

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 9:48 Quote
For me, it's the buzz when you get to the bottom of the track, and you know you've just done a super sick run, without any mistakes, but you know you can go faster still.
That's why I ride.
I keep riding because when I see my mates going down in front of me, kicking up shitloads of dust, and I'm having the best time of my life. I just wanna keep riding with my mates, and keep having fun.

But all of that said, the reason I ride downhill, and keep riding downhill is because of the clock. I always time myself, and as long as I'm beating myself every week, I'll keep riding.

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 11:48 Quote
mtnbker395 wrote:
I don't think it's about the speed for me I think it's more about how quick and hard you can accelerate.

it's such a sick feeling to be barreling over rough terrain and then you hit a jump and it's just dead silence for a split second.
thats when you get crap air Razz

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 11:57 Quote
To answer both questions : I'm not a big fan of going uphill.

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 12:01 Quote
the feeling of dropping in at the start of the run.... when all the world is layed out beneath you... and you look down the mountain and as you roll down that ramp its like... ohhhhhh shiiittttttt

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 12:58 Quote
mountains? in england?

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 13:03 Quote
stryke wrote:
mountains? in england?

clearly not, they have these things called planes nowadays you see

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 13:23 Quote
masterk wrote:
haha i woke up this morning with rib pains but im fine ill defo be doing it again
a god when i cracked ma ribs it sucked so bad i couldnt ride for at least three weeks but when i got back on i jus sucked at riding like i was losing all my races thats the one thing i hate aboiut eating it hard

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 13:31 Quote
I ride downhill for the obvious reasons, tons of fun, speed, air, manuling over doubles, hitting doubles, rock gardens, mud, dirt, and last but not least, chicks dig scars. i keep riding downhill because of gravity...

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 13:37 Quote
hadlari wrote:
I ride downhill for the obvious reasons, tons of fun, speed, air, manuling over doubles, hitting doubles, rock gardens, mud, dirt, and last but not least, chicks dig scars. i keep riding downhill because of gravity...

Haha!! +1

Good analogy!! lol

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 13:51 Quote
what makes me ride downhill? Because theres nothing better than nailing a section as fast as you possibly can and hitting every line perfectly.

Or the good memories you get from racing with the guys on your team, downhill has given me memories and some cringeworthy moments that i will never ever forget!

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 13:54 Quote
probs the adrenaline plus the adrenaline takes away the pain (thats true) tup


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011098
Mobile Version of Website