Why you ride downhill and what keeps you riding downhill

PB Forum :: Downhill
Why you ride downhill and what keeps you riding downhill
| Next Page
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 17:20 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
mtnbker395 wrote:
I don't think it's about the speed for me I think it's more about how quick and hard you can accelerate.

it's such a sick feeling to be barreling over rough terrain and then you hit a jump and it's just dead silence for a split second.
thats when you get crap air Razz

you're cool.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
mtnbker395 wrote:
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
mtnbker395 wrote:
I don't think it's about the speed for me I think it's more about how quick and hard you can accelerate.

it's such a sick feeling to be barreling over rough terrain and then you hit a jump and it's just dead silence for a split second.
thats when you get crap air Razz

you're cool.
hes not as bad as you for adding in the "you're cool"

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 12:01 Quote
'cuz it's funny. Smile

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 12:07 Quote
downhill is like the most amazing thing in the world, but so hard to describe. its so wide you cant really define what downhill is, bue the feelings you get ist something you really dont get doing anything else. i dont know, i just simply love getting on my bike and doing what i love

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 12:15 Quote
I ride downhill for the rush and the speed. Theres nothing quite like the feeling you get at the bottom after pinning it the whole way down something.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 12:27 Quote
i ride it cos its fun and i can! Bring on the GNNAAAARRRRRR!

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 12:33 Quote
For me it's the speed, acceleration, g-force, and so much other stuff. The satisfaction of knowing that the terrain you are barelling down at 50km/h+ whilst balancing on 2 wheels most people can't even walk down, or just the silence when you're flying through the air. The fact that it's just you and the bike is also great, and you have complete control over everything. No throttle like on MX bikes which does the work for you (and yes I know MX is damn tiring too). It's such an amazing feeling to be riding downhill, there's nothing I enjoy more and all other sports are boring as hell compared to it. I also love the 2 aspects of it - the competitive racing aspect of it which is really fun but also the chilled, casual aspect of riding with friends which is so nice too. And when I'm riding, there's nothing else on my mind and I can just focus on having fun. I'm not that much of a social person, but every single mountain biker I've met (especially downhillers actually) are so open and kind and just fun to talk to and ride with. I wouldn't trade DH for anything in the world.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 12:38 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
For me it's the speed, acceleration, g-force, and so much other stuff. The satisfaction of knowing that the terrain you are barelling down at 50km/h+ whilst balancing on 2 wheels most people can't even walk down, or just the silence when you're flying through the air. The fact that it's just you and the bike is also great, and you have complete control over everything. No throttle like on MX bikes which does the work for you (and yes I know MX is damn tiring too). It's such an amazing feeling to be riding downhill, there's nothing I enjoy more and all other sports are boring as hell compared to it. I also love the 2 aspects of it - the competitive racing aspect of it which is really fun but also the chilled, casual aspect of riding with friends which is so nice too. And when I'm riding, there's nothing else on my mind and I can just focus on having fun. I'm not that much of a social person, but every single mountain biker I've met (especially downhillers actually) are so open and kind and just fun to talk to and ride with. I wouldn't trade DH for anything in the world.
damn straight!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014521
Mobile Version of Website