Debate: Suspension makes less skilled riders better than are

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Debate: Suspension makes less skilled riders better than are
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 22:37 Quote
i think rigids are better for alot of things but sometimes you are going to need suspention

O+
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 22:37 Quote
interesting... is this a topic for discussion or what? mods should probably just delete this before the flaming commences.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 22:40 Quote
CaptainBLT wrote:
interesting... is this a topic for discussion or what? mods should probably just delete this before the flaming commences.
i dont think people would get upset about this thread would they?Confused

O+
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 22:42 Quote
DanCog wrote:
You definitely have no idea.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 22:44 Quote
DanCog wrote:
CaptainBLT wrote:

just watch guaranteed by page 2 it will be shut down

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 22:45 Quote
i don't think so .. .well they shouldn't atleast. some places rigids are better like street and such but as for mountain and backcountry i think you Need some suspension. like hardtails i think you can do about 90% of the stuff if not more but then there are those couple things that you just need a dually for, shocks as meaning the rear right ? lol. but as i was saying before, each thing has it's own category. and then it comes to self preferance too. i rode a hardtail for about 2 years before getting a dual suspension and i like it but i enjoy the hardtail and that's why i build up a street bike. it only has about 100mm of travel and planning to go rigid. not sure if this is off topic but ya.
suspension does make everything look smooth tho, it makes you a less smooth rider imh and with a hardtail or rigid, you gotta be smooth or flowy because if you aren't well let's just say your fcuked. lol but yaa hope this helps....

boolmv

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 22:45 Quote
CaptainBLT wrote:

hardcore hardtailer here.... uhhhh i like it rough Razz why delete this thread just for fun!! Smile

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 22:47 Quote
demonbiker48 wrote:
DanCog wrote:
CaptainBLT wrote:

just watch guaranteed by page 2 it will be shut down
if it dosent get shutdown by page 2 do i get my money back?Big Grin

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 22:47 Quote
alright... if you think "shocks" are for wimps, then try going down a dh track on your little rigid bike.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 22:48 Quote
i think fully's are cool like you can go faster right??? BUT I like a hardtail as I'm not into racing but I feel like i'm goin hella fast. plus i like being the hottie on the hardtail

You obviously don't have enough money for a fully.

sorry but i would like to see a hard tail compete in something like the rampage... ya good luck

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 22:50 Quote
I think he is really talking about forks. And by the way a shock is on the rear of the bike. A fork is on the front...

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 22:51 Quote
glas4d wrote:
You obviously don't have enough money for a fully.

ha haha actually the OP is my bf and he workd the rigs so yeah 8G a month after taxes BUT like I said we're not racing so why bother with a fully when hardtails literally kick ass hahah. so fun. if i wanted a smooth ride i'd buy a road bike and coast down hills...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010474
Mobile Version of Website