Debate: Suspension makes less skilled riders better than are

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Debate: Suspension makes less skilled riders better than are
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 22:24 Quote
hambone2 wrote:
WhatAreYouNewOrSumpin wrote:
hambone2 wrote:

when i come to silverstar we should race... this would be fun! or are you chicken?
Nope, But i know you farm boyz luv em!

? i dont get this? iam not a farm boy? are you? like what the heck is goin' on..... are we going to race?? you know everthing there is about mtn bikeing... i say we race

i agree

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 22:24 Quote
welll hambone when ur in vernon be sure to send us a msg my hunny can rip on his ht Smile

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 22:27 Quote
Well to get back on topic, I believe that fullys allow for a much greater margin of error, it does not make you better but it allows you to go faster, It takes more skills to ride a hard tail fast.

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 22:27 Quote
hambone2 wrote:
hambone2 wrote:

when i come to silverstar we should race... this would be fun! or are you chicken?
Nope, But i know you farm boyz luv em!
250 448 8757 when ur ready!
? i dont get this? iam not a farm boy? are you? like what the heck is goin' on..... are we going to race?? you know everthing there is about mtn bikeing... i say we race

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 22:29 Quote
oakmtnman wrote:
demonbiker48 wrote:
ya i want to see a hard tail and a squishy race.. if there even i will give mad props to the them but i just dont see how a hard tail is better.. sorry

that's beyond the point! its about which gives you more skills?! can nobody read? Hardtails aren't better for racing dh. Hell, nobody even trains for dh on a hardtail. But the guy that does will smoke everyone when he buys a fully. sheez.

I agree with you. I sell my dh rig around September and I train all winter long on my HT. Riding DH trails, pump tracks and everything. When I get my new squish bike around jan My riding has improved. People who ride hard tails for the first year then jump on a dh rig will be 10x smoother, faster and have way more technical skills/ control of a bike then someone who started on a DH bike.

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 22:31 Quote
taylorsmith wrote:
oakmtnman wrote:
demonbiker48 wrote:
ya i want to see a hard tail and a squishy race.. if there even i will give mad props to the them but i just dont see how a hard tail is better.. sorry

that's beyond the point! its about which gives you more skills?! can nobody read? Hardtails aren't better for racing dh. Hell, nobody even trains for dh on a hardtail. But the guy that does will smoke everyone when he buys a fully. sheez.

I agree with you. I sell my dh rig around September and I train all winter long on my HT. Riding DH trails, pump tracks and everything. When I get my new squish bike around jan My riding has improved. People who ride hard tails for the first year then jump on a dh rig will be 10x smoother, faster and have way more technical skills/ control of a bike then someone who started on a DH bike.

yes... but you ride all the time! for the typical person who rides a few times a month its not going to make you a way better rider

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 22:36 Quote
WhatAreYouNewOrSumpin have you looked at ur videos on ur profile lately? no wonder u dont need a squishy you roll down a hill in ur neighborhood and hit a pebble on the ground and fly 4in in the air!!!

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 22:48 Quote
taylorsmith wrote:
oakmtnman wrote:
demonbiker48 wrote:

you must of been pretty slow to realize such a difference from training on a HT

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 22:55 Quote
hambone2 wrote:
taylorsmith wrote:
oakmtnman wrote:

yes... but you ride all the time! for the typical person who rides a few times a month its not going to make you a way better rider
Umm all summer off here!

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 22:59 Quote
stryke wrote:
taylorsmith wrote:
oakmtnman wrote:

you must of been pretty slow to realize such a difference from training on a HT
No, Riding a HT over the winter helps especially riding chainless as well. You learn to conserve and carry your speed and take smoother lines. It actually helps a lot. Also riding a pump track almost every night after dark. You would be surprised. Your the one to talk. You have no photos of yourself riding but yet you flame out on people who actually train over the winter and keep fit unlike a lot of people sitting on there ass playing video games all winter. Kid I could rally you on a DH track anytime.

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 23:00 Quote
hambone2 wrote:
demonbiker48 wrote:
WhatAreYouNewOrSumpin have you looked at ur videos on ur profile lately? no wonder u dont need a squishy you roll down a hill in ur neighborhood and hit a pebble on the ground and fly 4in in the air!!!
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHAH

yes.... its a shame

just thought i should share the link! https://www.pinkbike.com/video/76019/
As you could see then that was my first jump in "years" and have caught up quite a bit, and would love to see a clip of your stellar skillz!
And as you make this a me, and you situation, and slammin me, and yippin bout comming to my town where i grew up to show me a thing or two, don't go off cashin checks with your mouth that your ass can't cash in!

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 23:01 Quote
lol those vids are months old. and just for fun he was teaching me and my flat lander friend to dirt junmp. no helmet cam = no real action.

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 23:02 Quote
suppose you could look at our daughters vid and claim that is our level too??? minor riding is the only tme we bring our digi cam along

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 23:13 Quote
ughh if we must prove ourselves hunny suppose we could bring the cam out on a real ride??? lol their videos are so impressive though. and they can knock our playin around time????? whatev our kiki will be able to whoop their butt in 2 years hahhahhahah

sorry boneless i mean hambone!!1 but your non existent vids compared to our old playtime vids with our 4 year old... welll we think we win Razz

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 2:32 Quote
I think it's down to time spent on your wheels, doesn't matter if it's a full suss or hardtail, although hardtail's give you a edge when it comes to how to teach your body to absorb and displace force. Confidence is key, and you only get it from riding, the more you ride the better you will be.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011002
Mobile Version of Website