Debate: Suspension makes less skilled riders better than are

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Debate: Suspension makes less skilled riders better than are
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 4:05 Quote
WhatAreYouNewOrSumpin wrote:
demonbiker48 wrote:
WhatAreYouNewOrSumpin have you looked at ur videos on ur profile lately? no wonder u dont need a squishy you roll down a hill in ur neighborhood and hit a pebble on the ground and fly 4in in the air!!!
nO WONDER THE WORLD HATE'S AMERICANS!
its fine if you don't like the US. but you don't have to get all fired up and have a temper tantrum on pinkbike because some 16 year old from the states called you out on your video

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 10:10 Quote
to all: I think this topic is hurting because not everyone has the same riding background, thus we tend to get a little self-defensive. Its ok to admit that you could have been a better rider starting on a bmx, but not all of us can afford a bmx, a hardtail, and a dh bike. But if we keep to the topic, I'm sure we'll all agree that you learn the BASIC skills necessary to become an awesome rider all-around on a bike with LESS suspension. That's not to say you don't completely re-learn how to pick lines with a dh bike when you CAN go over rougher stuff and shave precious seconds instead of just hitting the rockless line. So let's not flame each other's countreis and drop f-bombs like its WWII and keep the debate going. ONLY VALID POINTS PLEASE!

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 10:15 Quote
RMcKenney wrote:
WhatAreYouNewOrSumpin wrote:
demonbiker48 wrote:
WhatAreYouNewOrSumpin have you looked at ur videos on ur profile lately? no wonder u dont need a squishy you roll down a hill in ur neighborhood and hit a pebble on the ground and fly 4in in the air!!!
nO WONDER THE WORLD HATE'S AMERICANS!
its fine if you don't like the US. but you don't have to get all fired up and have a temper tantrum on pinkbike because some 16 year old from the states called you out on your video
Your correct, and i appoligize sincerly for that immature comment it was uncalled for, and i don't actually believe that and should not have dropped to there level! Dam kokanee beer!

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 10:21 Quote
this thread has gotten quite touchy. I guess debates are that way Smile just look at the house of commons or any government debates. imagine giving them a few kokanee first Dead Horse

anyway not sure if i said anything rude last night but if i did i apologise tooSmile

*TIP* Don't Drink and Pinkbike Salute

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 13:03 Quote
Damnit, I don't think anyone is really fully understanding the question.

Step by step:
1-Take a single rider
2-Have the rider ride down a trail on a hardtail
3-Have the rider ride down the same trail on a fully
4-Discover difference

I am a true believer of everything has it's place. I can ride my hardtail pretty much everywhere most of my friends can ride their fullys, does that make me a better rider? No. I am used to riding a hardtail, and that is what I do. I would not be able to do what they do on a softail, and they would not be able to do what I do on a hardtail.

I must admit, however, a fully will make the terrain a little less chalenging as it will be a bit smoother, but it also means you're throwing around more weight and moving a larger bike.

Each bike has their advantages, and I do believe suspension has the ability to help you ride more difficult terrain, but not make you a better rider.

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 16:58 Quote
1. Put this in the correct area of the forum please. This is not a subject defined to West Canada.
2. Please make the title actually make sense, then people might actually know what they are debating.
3. If you are starting a debate, you need to start it with a question. This is done, by using the lexeme 'Does' at the start, or a question mark (?) at the end.

Thanks for using pinkbike. I hope these few steps help you to enjoy your time here and help you to get along better with the pinkbike community.

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 17:05 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/75486/

your right.... iam a goof

*sweet deal* pfff

and guys... please dont post anything on my noteboard... its for friends, Thanks

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 17:19 Quote
[YT=https://www.youtube.com/v/wAqt141eJAU]

yes, suspention makes it a bit more forgiving, but in some instances, its almost 100% needed. your not a puss for riding a bike with suspention, and your not "HARDCORE" if you ride a rigid it just means that you like different kinds of biking

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 19:14 Quote
jcc1015 wrote:

Step by step:
1-Take a single rider
4-Discover difference

I am a true believer of everything has it's place. I can ride my hardtail pretty much everywhere most of my friends can ride their fullys, does that make me a better rider? No. I am used to riding a hardtail, and that is what I do. I would not be able to do what they do on a softail, and they would not be able to do what I do on a hardtail.

I must admit, however, a fully will make the terrain a little less chalenging as it will be a bit smoother, but it also means you're throwing around more weight and moving a larger bike.

Each bike has their advantages, and I do believe suspension has the ability to help you ride more difficult terrain, but not make you a better rider.

but you could also have two riders ride hardtails for a year, and then both race on identical bikes. i think fullies are better for racing (on most tracks) and hardtails are better for everything else.

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 19:25 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
jcc1015 wrote:

Step by step:
1-Take a single rider
4-Discover difference

but you could also have two riders ride hardtails for a year, and then both race on identical bikes. i think fullies are better for racing (on most tracks) and hardtails are better for everything else.

If you guys go back deep enough I think you'd all find this was primarily directed at like street and dirtjump... trails go without saying.

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 19:26 Quote
wow. way to gravedig.

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 19:28 Quote
Agreed... I just came back to PB after a few months off yesterday, and now today I find this? I had to go back a reread part of the thread to even remember what I said...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009914
Mobile Version of Website