giant glory vs. santa cruz v10 as a dh race bike?

PB Forum :: Downhill
giant glory vs. santa cruz v10 as a dh race bike?
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 13:06 Quote
theoutpost wrote:
sherbet wrote:
theoutpost wrote:

eerrrrrrr no it isnt!

Nicolai Nucleaon TST? xD Yeah, multipivot singlepivot. :B
no, its and M-pire, single pivot with transfer linkage to the shock.

Ah, yes, messed up on the name. But nevertheless, it still has more than one pivot.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 13:15 Quote
sherbet wrote:
theoutpost wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Nicolai Nucleaon TST? xD Yeah, multipivot singlepivot. :B

Ah, yes, messed up on the name. But nevertheless, it still has more than one pivot.
Riiiiiiiight............ i suppose a Giant DH team is multi pivot too? and the Commencal supreme DH?

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 13:20 Quote
theoutpost wrote:
sherbet wrote:
theoutpost wrote:

Riiiiiiiight............ i suppose a Giant DH team is multi pivot too? and the Commencal supreme DH?

Technically, yes. That's like saying a kona stab is a single pivot. It's a single pivot in the fact that it has a single swingarm that goes from frame to axle, but multipivot in the way that iw has more than one pivot.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 13:26 Quote
kona linkage is a faux bar which is based on a single pivot, i.e the wheel moves around one pivot. my bike has a swingarm on one pivot and some linkage to change the leverage ratio, and re-locate the shock.
Your arguement could be used to say that no bike is a single pivot because the shock rotates slightly on its bushings, therefore, that is another pivot in the linkage....

No more digging a hole...

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 13:27 Quote
theoutpost wrote:
kona linkage is a faux bar which is based on a single pivot, i.e the wheel moves around one pivot. my bike has a swingarm on one pivot and some linkage to change the leverage ratio, and re-locate the shock.
Your arguement could be used to say that no bike is a single pivot because the shock rotates slightly on its bushings, therefore, that is another pivot in the linkage....

No more digging a hole...

No, I'd still call bike like the Orange 224 a single pivot, as it has one main pivot for the rear suspension. I would say your bike has quite a few main pivots.

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 13:28 Quote
theoutpost wrote:
sherbet wrote:
theoutpost wrote:

Your both right, sort of. it is a linkage driven single pivot...the link has pivots and it therefor not as simple as a true single pivot such as super8, orange, early canondales, later haros...and the list goes on and on. it is multi pivot...but not a multi link such as Maestro, DW, FSR, Vpp.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 13:29 Quote
Pretty sure the TST is a single pivot.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 13:29 Quote
For the threads sake, I say potahto, you say potato. Same thing, either way.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 13:51 Quote
imac-93 wrote:
downhillmaniak3 wrote:
get a stinky model by kona ... they are sick . you ask why and its because its light wieght looks good, manouverable and not as expensive as they other ones!!!
Woah,woah,woah,woah woah. You serious there buddy?

I'd take the V10 just...cause.

I dunno why it just seems more "special" but I still totally love the glory.
DONT GET A STINKY! They suck for DH!
i'd go for the V10 personally, but there both SO good you cant go wrong

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 16:08 Quote
maxm93 wrote:
imac-93 wrote:
downhillmaniak3 wrote:
get a stinky model by kona ... they are sick . you ask why and its because its light wieght looks good, manouverable and not as expensive as they other ones!!!

dude obviously im not an idiot. stinkys just suck in general

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 19:05 Quote
HAHhahahahaha!thats just funny
g10ry wrote:
maxm93 wrote:
imac-93 wrote:

dude obviously im not an idiot. stinkys just suck in general

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 19:23 Quote
The V10 is a big heavy slug but probably a blast to ride and the Glory is a lean mean DH machine. Both are good DH bikes but if i had to pick one it would be the Glory

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 19:28 Quote
myroc1 wrote:
The V10 is a big heavy slug but probably a blast to ride and the Glory is a lean mean DH machine. Both are good DH bikes but if i had to pick one it would be the Glory
ummmm no the v10 is not a "big heavy slug" the 2008 v10 is 2 pounds lighter...same with the intense M6.

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 7:56 Quote
My 2006 medium v-10 weighs in around 38 lbs and could still drop weight with lighter wheelset, crankset and ti spring to about 36 lbs meaning realistically a 2008 could be around 34-35 lbs. Mine has carbon fiber and titanium and top of the line everything everywhere but could drop more by trading the Deemax set for an I-9 setup and going with Truvativ OCT cranks vs my Diabolus set and ditching the heavy steel spring...if i can ever find a 550 ti for my shock stroke! Small frame guys could probably build a 2008 V-10 around 33 lbs!!!

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 17:12 Quote
tefiii2005 wrote:
My 2006 medium v-10 weighs in around 38 lbs and could still drop weight with lighter wheelset, crankset and ti spring to about 36 lbs meaning realistically a 2008 could be around 34-35 lbs. Mine has carbon fiber and titanium and top of the line everything everywhere but could drop more by trading the Deemax set for an I-9 setup and going with Truvativ OCT cranks vs my Diabolus set and ditching the heavy steel spring...if i can ever find a 550 ti for my shock stroke! Small frame guys could probably build a 2008 V-10 around 33 lbs!!!

holy crap. my p2 is 34 and a half..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028629
Mobile Version of Website