IMPORTANT Norco Recalls Bicycle Frames Due to Crash Hazard!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
IMPORTANT Norco Recalls Bicycle Frames Due to Crash Hazard!
| Next Page
Posted: Mar 5, 2013 at 11:02 Quote
Thread derailment!! Eek

Posted: Mar 16, 2014 at 23:07 Quote
My 2009 atomik has that hole thing on it :p (Bought it used though)

If I called Norco about it would they still take it? And would could I get from it 0_0

Edit: Nvm, theres no crack on my frame yet lol

Mod Plus
Posted: Mar 25, 2014 at 11:04 Quote
NorcoCanuck wrote:
My 2009 atomik has that hole thing on it :p (Bought it used though)

If I called Norco about it would they still take it? And would could I get from it 0_0

Edit: Nvm, theres no crack on my frame yet lol

Drop 'em an email and see what they say...

Posted: Nov 26, 2014 at 11:14 Quote
We had 2x Norco snap but at the chainstay - they are only fit for urban use / canal tow paths!

bromontrider wrote:
http://www.norco.com/pub/ftr/Norco-%20frame%20Point%20of%20purchase%20poster%20-EN.pdf

[Quoten]The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is recalling Norco bicycle frames because they can crack and separate, causing a rider to fall from the bicycle and suffer injuries.

The recalled bicycle frames include the following model year and model names: 2007 Team DH, 2008 Team DH, Aline Park, Aline, Atomik, Shore 1,2,3, 2009 Atomik (without gussets). All colours are included in the recall and the model name is printed on a decal on the top tube of each frame/bike.

About 3,600 of the frames were sold in the United States from September 2006 through February 2009 for between $2,000 and $7,000 US each.

All owners should immediately stop using the bicycle frame and contact a local Norco dealer or Norco directly for information regarding receiving a possible replacement frame.

-CBC.ca
[/Quoten]

[Quoten]Safety Recall: NORCO Bicycle Frames
Models and Model Years affected:
2007 Team DH ‐ 2008 Team DH, ALine, ALine PE, Atomik, Shore 1‐2‐3 and
2009 Atomik
(without gussets)
Even though these frames have exceeded the requirements of the world’s most stringent
testing standards, Norco has received reports that the head tube areas of these frames can
develop cracks in abusive riding conditions. These cracks could cause the head tube to
separate from the remainder of the frame, resulting in a fall from the bicycle, an accident
and personal injury.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
Immediately check your frame in the areas shown in the photographs above. If you see any evidence of a crack,
do not ride your bicycle. Bring your bicycle to your Norco dealer to make arrangements for your continued riding.
If your frame shows no signs of any cracking, you may continue riding your bicycle. However, you may not perform any
jumps or drops greater than 5 feet (1.75 meters) in height. If you perform any jumps or drops, you must use proper
riding form, and both wheels must land simultaneously on a transition or down ramp. In addition, you must inspect
your frame before every ride to make sure that there is no evidence whatsoever of any crack. Contact your local Norco
Dealer to schedule a free front triangle replacement upgrade, whether or not your frame shows any evidence of a crack.

recall@norco.com

-NORCO
[/Quoten]

Wonder what this means for frame owners, what frame is Norco going to be replacing these with? Anyone found out yet?

Posted: Jun 26, 2015 at 18:15 Quote
sexley wrote:
Here is my new frame

Posted: Jun 26, 2015 at 18:15 Quote

kaykay91 wrote:
sexley wrote:
Here is my
new frame

Posted: Jun 26, 2015 at 18:16 Quote
kaykay91 wrote:

kaykay91 wrote:
sexley wrote:
Here is my
new frame

is this your new frame or they just weld and cover the side of head tube?

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 7:28 Quote
is this your new brain or they just stitch and cover the side of your head ?

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 9:32 Quote
muddytreker wrote:
is this your new brain or they just stitch and cover the side of your head ?

Holy thread resurrection.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035223
Mobile Version of Website