Norco frame recall!

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco frame recall!
Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 8:41 Quote
hi, there i own a norco a line park edition 08 and the front triangle needs to be replaced. I just want to know what how much will it cost me because i heard that the parts are free but i is it true that i need to pay for the labour? thanks

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 18:51 Quote
dennispenev123 wrote:
hi, there i own a norco a line park edition 08 and the front triangle needs to be replaced. I just want to know what how much will it cost me because i heard that the parts are free but i is it true that i need to pay for the labour? thanks

U need to pay labour urself first. After u have taken the old triangle out, u ll have to cut in half and take a picture of it and send it to Norco. They will send u a cheque for the cost of labour.

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 at 19:40 Quote
Eztiger wrote:
dennispenev123 wrote:

U need to pay labour urself first. After u have taken the old triangle out, u ll have to cut in half and take a picture of it and send it to Norco. They will send u a cheque for the cost of labour.

Dude....that is completely wrong. Norco pays for an hour of labour to do the frame swap, assuming the bike's serial number is part of the recalled ones. They pay the shop directly, not you. The shop sends the photo of the frame, not you. It should only take 45 minutes to do a front triangle swap. Personally, I think Norco should pay for all of the frame swap if it does take more than an hour.

Bring it to where you bought the frame to get the free labour hour. If they hassle you, email Norco and they will take care of the douchey shop.

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 at 19:50 Quote
CanadaDiscGolf wrote:
Eztiger wrote:
dennispenev123 wrote:

Dude....that is completely wrong. Norco pays for an hour of labour to do the frame swap, assuming the bike's serial number is part of the recalled ones. They pay the shop directly, not you. The shop sends the photo of the frame, not you. It should only take 45 minutes to do a front triangle swap. Personally, I think Norco should pay for all of the frame swap if it does take more than an hour.

Bring it to where you bought the frame to get the free labour hour. If they hassle you, email Norco and they will take care of the douchey shop.

Hey dude .... u think ure right ? thts wad Norco told me man ...

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 at 19:53 Quote
Eztiger wrote:
CanadaDiscGolf wrote:
Eztiger wrote:

Yeah...I know I am right. In 2009 I have cracked two frames, a 2009 Aline and a 2009 Team DH. I didn't have to spend a dime either time. The Norco dealer (where my bike came from) took a photo and sent the cracked frames back to Norco. New frame within a week, excellent customer service.

Maybe things are different in Asia, but in BC thats how shit rolls.

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 at 21:03 Quote
CanadaDiscGolf wrote:
Eztiger wrote:
CanadaDiscGolf wrote:

Yeah...I know I am right. In 2009 I have cracked two frames, a 2009 Aline and a 2009 Team DH. I didn't have to spend a dime either time. The Norco dealer (where my bike came from) took a photo and sent the cracked frames back to Norco. New frame within a week, excellent customer service.

Maybe things are different in Asia, but in BC thats how shit rolls.

Aight man. No offence.

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 at 21:11 Quote
Norco is paying $75 anything over you pay

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 9:02 Quote
MJB88 wrote:
I finally got my frame the other day. Whatever you do if your in the collingwood area don't take your bike to skis and bikes there jokers. They striped my crank bolt heads then told me they were like that and would have to charge 2 to 3 hours to take them out. Long story short I'm now doing it my self over the off season.

You're not the first one I have heard that from, a friend of mine had the same thing happen to him in the Whistler shop. What you need to do it make a stink and tell them how it is and whats going to be done or they will take you for all your worth...Apparently not many honest people work at bike shops...Disapointing!
~Chelle

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 13:10 Quote
Stinkychelle wrote:
MJB88 wrote:
I finally got my frame the other day. Whatever you do if your in the collingwood area don't take your bike to skis and bikes there jokers. They striped my crank bolt heads then told me they were like that and would have to charge 2 to 3 hours to take them out. Long story short I'm now doing it my self over the off season.

You're not the first one I have heard that from, a friend of mine had the same thing happen to him in the Whistler shop. What you need to do it make a stink and tell them how it is and whats going to be done or they will take you for all your worth...Apparently not many honest people work at bike shops...Disapointing!
~Chelle
Ther are a lot of us good guys that work at them too, as for the stripped crank bolts, just drill them out with a 7mm bit and grab an easyout it will take about 30 minutes and its good to go.

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 17:49 Quote
If you live in the UK dont go to "Spokes Cycles" they made me wait 4 months for the new frame and then they asked me to pay for the frame swap. I contacted Norco and they said that I should not have to pay but to get my bike back I payed them and I did not get my money back for more than 5 months. I am very disappointed from the customer service of Spokes cycles and beware they dont do their work. If you need a Norco dealer for a frame swap or any other problem dont use Spokes. Norco has no fault in this!!!! Norco's customer service is really good and they replied to my questions very quickly. Smile

Posted: May 19, 2010 at 14:23 Quote
i just bougt a 2008 norco atomik brand new a couple days ago, i have the bill of sale and i want to get a new triangle. but i dont know what to do , i was just told to take it to a norco dealer

Posted: May 19, 2010 at 17:35 Quote
Bighit-rider wrote:
i just bougt a 2008 norco atomik brand new a couple days ago, i have the bill of sale and i want to get a new triangle. but i dont know what to do , i was just told to take it to a norco dealer

where you bought it wasn't a norco dealer?

Posted: May 20, 2010 at 9:04 Quote
CanadaDiscGolf wrote:
Bighit-rider wrote:

where you bought it wasn't a norco dealer?

its all good, i have the new triangle

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2010 at 22:46 Quote
I have a 2008 Norco A-line PE that I bought used a year ago. Rode Whistler for a week this past June and when I got back I shipped the front triangle to Footloose Sports in Mammoth since I'm down in southern california. They shipped out the replacement the next day. Couldnt be happeier with the service.

- Scott

Posted: Jan 3, 2011 at 20:06 Quote
was there a 2009 norco ryde in there? my computer wont open it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.046648
Mobile Version of Website