Norco frame recall!

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco frame recall!
Posted: Feb 9, 2012 at 23:32 Quote
Old thread i know but... I have a 2008 norco atomik and there is a recall for my frame, i live in whistler and all the norco shop are currently out of service for all the winter, they said to come back in spring but in spring i wanna ride, i even called norco to know if its possible to go at their office in coquitlam to swap my frame but they said no. Anyone know how i could change my frame asap please

Posted: Feb 10, 2012 at 21:28 Quote
balfa7 wrote:
Old thread i know but... I have a 2008 norco atomik and there is a recall for my frame, i live in whistler and all the norco shop are currently out of service for all the winter, they said to come back in spring but in spring i wanna ride, i even called norco to know if its possible to go at their office in coquitlam to swap my frame but they said no. Anyone know how i could change my frame asap please

Fanatyk Co wouldn't do it? really?

Posted: Feb 10, 2012 at 23:40 Quote
CanadaDiscGolf wrote:
balfa7 wrote:

Fanatyk Co wouldn't do it? really?
No, only arround april and same thing with the commor Frown

Posted: Mar 23, 2014 at 8:50 Quote
As mentioned I know that this an old thread but I just wanted to tell my Norco recall story. I recently bought (within the last 2 weeks) an 07 Team DH. I brought it to my local shop and the owner brought it to my attention that while he was tuning it up he noticed that the serial number off my frame is one that is being recalled.

He had his Norco sales rep come by the shop and verify it, confirmed and simply said to send it back to Norco and get the customer a new one. That was 2 weeks ago and I now have a brand new frame sitting at the shop ready to be re-built. So going from a 7 year old bike to pretty much brand new one is awesome. My shop tech said that working with the Norco guys was quick, fast and painless and at no point did they question or doubt the recall. They said send it, they replaced it and now its all mine...

Thanks Norco
Thanks to Phat Moose Cycles Ottawa, ON. CAN.

Posted: Jun 13, 2014 at 12:24 Quote
marin04 wrote:
As mentioned I know that this an old thread but I just wanted to tell my Norco recall story. I recently bought (within the last 2 weeks) an 07 Team DH. I brought it to my local shop and the owner brought it to my attention that while he was tuning it up he noticed that the serial number off my frame is one that is being recalled.

He had his Norco sales rep come by the shop and verify it, confirmed and simply said to send it back to Norco and get the customer a new one. That was 2 weeks ago and I now have a brand new frame sitting at the shop ready to be re-built. So going from a 7 year old bike to pretty much brand new one is awesome. My shop tech said that working with the Norco guys was quick, fast and painless and at no point did they question or doubt the recall. They said send it, they replaced it and now its all mine...

Thanks Norco
Thanks to Phat Moose Cycles Ottawa, ON. CAN.

Is this what they have been doing recently? Is this because the shop lacked the expertise to install the new triangle? Or are they simply sending out new frames as its so late in the game?

Posted: Jul 21, 2014 at 6:21 Quote
When will this thread end!! Eek

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 18:07 Quote
Hopefully this thread will
Never end.

I just became the owner if an 08 team DH that was never replaced during the original recall. I just found out and will be taking to Norco dealer this week. Marin 04. What frame did they send you?

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 9:10 Quote
picowatt wrote:
Never end.

I just became the owner if an 08 team DH that was never replaced during the original recall. I just found out and will be taking to Norco dealer this week. Marin 04. What frame did they send you?

I'm looking forward to what Norco has to tell you??

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 11:25 Quote
picowatt wrote:
Never end.

so we are all curious what frame did you get?

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 13:31 Quote
I have been told by Norco to take bike to closest dealer and they will take care of the rest. I do not know yet what will be replaced.
Possible options, 1. Replacement front triable for an 08 team dH with head gusset upgrades. 2. (Not sure if possible) replacement of front triangle with a compatible model. 3. Replacement of entire frame with the next best option they have in stock.

Posted: Aug 8, 2014 at 5:24 Quote
Frame has been dropped off at dealer. Can't wait to see what happens,
For those who know more about these frames, is the only difference between team DH and Aline/ Atomik the tubing thickness?

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 15:36 Quote
Took me a while to reply, Because I've been busy riding it.

Even with not being original owner or having any paper work, they have me a brand new front triangle.

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 16:12 Quote
That is unbelievable!! Eek

Another reason why I always have a Norco in the quiver.

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 7:05 Quote
I don't know why it tool me so long to read this. Did it all turn out well? I look forward to seeing you on the team DH!

Posted: Mar 19, 2015 at 16:16 Quote
picowatt wrote:
Took me a while to reply, Because I've been busy riding it.

Even with not being original owner or having any paper work, they have me a brand new front triangle.

Sorry for the late reply.
I am glad to hear that my post was able to supply you a new frame.
Good on you for taking it to the shop and inquiring and good on Norco for standing behind their brand
and making yet another customer a happy customer.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031152
Mobile Version of Website