Deuchny Woods Perth & Dunkeld DH...

PB Forum :: Downhill
Deuchny Woods Perth & Dunkeld DH...
O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2009 at 11:23 Quote
seems to be a lot of effort just for a wee drop, when you could build a trail somewhere else

Posted: Aug 31, 2009 at 11:25 Quote
whitetux wrote:
dont even start with north shore, unless its private land you've got no chance,also its soo pointless the only reason it was invented was because in canada the ground in places was very difficult to build on so they built shore over it to allow the rider to get over it, and now its gone too far, it doesnt prove your skill to ride it and isnt more fun than riding dirt

so dont build it

Nah it makes a nice noise - vvvrrrrm Big Grin

Posted: Aug 31, 2009 at 11:25 Quote
nah gellys about 10 min cycle from mine soo might aswell build there

Posted: Aug 31, 2009 at 11:26 Quote
perthandcrieffsfinest wrote:
whitetux wrote:
dont even start with north shore, unless its private land you've got no chance,also its soo pointless the only reason it was invented was because in canada the ground in places was very difficult to build on so they built shore over it to allow the rider to get over it, and now its gone too far, it doesnt prove your skill to ride it and isnt more fun than riding dirt

so dont build it

Nah it makes a nice noise - vvvrrrrm Big Grin

yeah what cain said

Posted: Aug 31, 2009 at 11:26 Quote
dont build shore out the gelly, it'll get thrashed. Is everything there still rideable anyway?

Posted: Aug 31, 2009 at 11:28 Quote
well the river drops trashed the jump after big doubles longer gap still do able the bridge got knocked down but me and cain tore apart from farmers crates and built a sketchy one witch is actuy rather stable and big line on the dirt jumps needs the lander done on first jump and then there fine

Posted: Aug 31, 2009 at 11:30 Quote
hardtaildh08 wrote:
well the river drops trashed the jump after big doubles longer gap still do able the bridge got knocked down but me and cain tore apart from farmers crates and built a sketchy one witch is actuy rather stable and big line on the dirt jumps needs the lander done on first jump and then there fine

Might take a peak sometime this week. But don't build shore, it'll get ripped down by the council if it doesnt get taken down by the pikeys.

Posted: Aug 31, 2009 at 11:31 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:

Might take a peak sometime this week. But don't build shore, it'll get ripped down by the council if it doesnt get taken down by the pikeys.
ok il come meet you there ive been down alot lately cos its actuly pretty good and il post a pic of sketchy bridge

Posted: Aug 31, 2009 at 11:34 Quote
<Photo is private>
realy sketchy and me failing at manuals haha its safer to ride than it is walk

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 at 1:50 Quote
If its not safe to walk it will definatly not be deemed safe by the council etc to ride.

Where is the gelly? Something smooth and flowy like smooth berms rollers and smooth gaps that doesnt look dangerous but they would still be fast and fun to ride

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 at 3:16 Quote
Hey guy's, with regard to Deuchny Woods the FC have got everything together and are waiting for the club to sign the agreement. This is going ahead in september as I was away for most of the last 2 months and Graham has also been busy with work commitments. There is one final issue that Ross brought up and that is to do with a clearing op starting this winter. Graham forwarded me a email regarding this and it looks like it is effecting our trail area. I have lot's to catch up on with Graham, and it looks like we will be fronting the fee for the club's insurance up front, we can sort it out with the members after everything is settled, based on the club's numbers looks like everyone only has to pitch in a fiver.. The bottom line is that we won, got the FC to agree to rebuild our jumps and maintain a partnership with the club. So many other user groups have not been so lucky.. I will be home now for the next few weeks if you want more info..

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 at 8:06 Quote
grahamc wrote:
If its not safe to walk it will definatly not be deemed safe by the council etc to ride.

Where is the gelly? Something smooth and flowy like smooth berms rollers and smooth gaps that doesnt look dangerous but they would still be fast and fun to ride
the gelly is in almond bank its pretty good some sketchy bits but its all goood if you go on ccfrs page youl find pics
and the council dont do anything there its privateland just abondoned by farmers

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 at 8:22 Quote
hardtaildh08 wrote:
grahamc wrote:

the gelly is in almond bank its pretty good some sketchy bits but its all goood if you go on ccfrs page youl find pics
and the council dont do anything there its privateland just abondoned by farmers

ccfrs?

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 at 8:23 Quote
grahamc wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:
grahamc wrote:

ccfrs?
in my friends list il leave you a link on prfile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011399
Mobile Version of Website