What is a better brake? Avid Elixir Cr or a Avid Juciy 7?

PB Forum :: Canada - East
What is a better brake? Avid Elixir Cr or a Avid Juciy 7?
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 16:12 Quote
aslfgb wrote:
doberdude wrote:
waddellDJ wrote:
ahah No doberdude
Yes. Hydro is Ghey

EDIT: If you really need to go Hydro though, get either the Juicy Fruitcake or the Avid Elixir CGhey
Hydro's are so much better than mechanical. Less maintenence, and much more modulation because they are not direct to caliper. BTW I say Elixirs.
FAIL

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 16:16 Quote
doberdude wrote:
aslfgb wrote:
doberdude wrote:

Yes. Hydro is Ghey

EDIT: If you really need to go Hydro though, get either the Juicy Fruitcake or the Avid Elixir CGhey
Hydro's are so much better than mechanical. Less maintenence, and much more modulation because they are not direct to caliper. BTW I say Elixirs.
FAIL
Does it really need to be spelled out to you, Hydro's are less trouble than mechanical

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 16:18 Quote
aslfgb wrote:
doberdude wrote:
aslfgb wrote:

FAIL
Does it really need to be spelled out to you, Hydro's are less trouble than mechanical
FAIL, other than Cable sometimes needs the pads adjusted, they are not a hassle at all. Hydro=Bleeding, fiddling around with modulation, kinking the cable. anyway, im my mind Cable and Nike 6.0 are better for DJ/Street, but you know, how would I know, I have only been riding street and DJ for 5 years.

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 16:20 Quote
doberdude wrote:
aslfgb wrote:
doberdude wrote:

FAIL
FAIL, other than Cable sometimes needs the pads adjusted, they are not a hassle at all. Hydro=Bleeding, fiddling around with modulation, kinking the cable. anyway, im my mind Cable and Nike 6.0 are better for DJ/Street, but you know, how would I know, I have only been riding street and DJ for 5 years.
if your not a complete retard you can set and forget hydros and bleed them maybe once a year.

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 16:22 Quote
aslfgb wrote:
doberdude wrote:
aslfgb wrote:
if your not a complete retard you can set and forget hydros and bleed them maybe once a year.
There you go, once a year, if cable is set up properly then you might not have to touch them for a long time. I still love Hydro no doubt, but for saving weight/not having to pay ridiculous prices, I vote Cable.

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 16:26 Quote
doberdude wrote:
aslfgb wrote:
doberdude wrote:

There you go, once a year, if cable is set up properly then you might not have to touch them for a long time. I still love Hydro no doubt, but for saving weight/not having to pay ridiculous prices, I vote Cable.
I have a friend who runs BB7's I friggin hate them, they rub, they grab way too much, and they're not smooth. My personal opinion, if your not going to use your ride except maybe riding around the neighborhood and maybe a couple of dj's than ya, cables are fine but if you want to put a few extra bucks into brakes,and have some good quality, long lasting brakes, elixirs are the way to go.

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 16:33 Quote
it really comes down to personal preference. i ran BB5's for a year and a half and you would need to adjust them maybe every 2 weeks. I've run Juicy 3's on my XC bike for half a year and they run flawlessly without me touching them once after the first mount and bleed. same with my Code 5's on my DH bike.

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 16:43 Quote
Elixers suck for street and dirt you will snap your lever because its carbon fiber I saw my friend do it to his you'd be much better off with a juicy they are amazing

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 16:43 Quote
wtf? hate to tell you but carbon fiber is stronger then aluminum. you can get aluminum levers for them anyway.

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 16:44 Quote
keenanbikes wrote:
Elixers suck for street and dirt you will snap your lever because its carbon fiber I saw my friend do it to his you'd be much better off with a juicy they are amazing
this is true. i witnissed this also

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 16:46 Quote
odin333 wrote:
wtf? hate to tell you but carbon fiber is stronger then aluminum. you can get aluminum levers for them anyway.
yeah well from an actually riding view point my friend noah summer he has pink bike. broke his Carbon lever very very easily. and I am very destructive on my bike and my Juicey 7 has held up amazingly despite some cable problems and other minor thing

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 16:46 Quote
Elixer CR's,

Juicy's iv found without a really good bleed tend to suffer from power loss half way through a day at whistler were as my elixer cr's have amazing modulation and much more power than my previous juicy's.

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 16:47 Quote
doberdude wrote:
BB7.

Nah Hayes MX-1 Mech.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018536
Mobile Version of Website