Code5 or juicy 7

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Code5 or juicy 7
  • Next Page
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 20:10 Quote
I would say code 5s, they are a better deal; you will not regret it....

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 20:11 Quote
or other recomendation ??

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 20:29 Quote
colombian4ev wrote:

https://www.pinkbike.com/product/avid/

See what other pinkbikers have recommended...Juicy 7 has the highest recommendation rate it appears...

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 20:38 Quote
CanadaDiscGolf wrote:
colombian4ev wrote:

https://www.pinkbike.com/product/avid/

See what other pinkbikers have recommended...Juicy 7 has the highest recommendation rate it appears...
yeah, but that might be because they've been out the longest, which would stand to reason why more people have them.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 20:39 Quote
shit has anyone here ridden a set of elixers?

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 20:42 Quote
pake wrote:
I've got a buddy who has a pair of the nice Elixers and he's got nothing but good things to say about them. He brags about how he can adjust the brake without using any tools, and about how they are powerful as hell.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 20:49 Quote
Drop2Flat wrote:
pake wrote:
I've got a buddy who has a pair of the nice Elixers and he's got nothing but good things to say about them. He brags about how he can adjust the brake without using any tools, and about how they are powerful as hell.
yeah elixers have the best modulation and power i've felt in a brake. they are handsdown my favorite on the market right now.....and i've ridden a lot of brakes.

i would actually look at getting a pair of the less expensive formulas.

-elixir r and cr
-08 saint
-codes
-code 7s
-juicy 7s
-juicy 5s
-code 5s
-formula k24

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 20:55 Quote
pake wrote:
Drop2Flat wrote:
pake wrote:
yeah elixers have the best modulation and power i've felt in a brake. they are handsdown my favorite on the market right now.....and i've ridden a lot of brakes.

-elixir r and cr
-08 saint
-codes
-code 7s
-juicy 7s
-juicy 5s
-code 5s
-formula k24

code 7's do not exist do they?

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 20:57 Quote
I have run J7's Codes and I am now running Elixir CR's, all three are great brakes the Codes are by far the most powerful just not as nice in the modulation department as the J7 and especially the CR. I found that the code allowed me to break far later and upped my speed due to braking confidence, that said they are heavy as hell.
The Elixir has fantastic modulation and power and a great lever feel. I have felt next to no fade and arm pump either.
The J7's also great and about the same as the Elixir just a little less power and some fade.
All three are great choices but I would recommend the Codes for a bigger rider on a strict dh bike followed by the Elixir and then the J7

O+
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 21:02 Quote
CanadaDiscGolf wrote:
pake wrote:
Drop2Flat wrote:

-elixir r and cr
-08 saint
-codes
-code 7s
-juicy 7s
-juicy 5s
-code 5s
-formula k24

code 7's do not exist do they?
they were OEM for the 2008 demo 8ii and sx trail ii. i have the 08 sx trail 2 so i got them. they are just a juicy 7 lever with a code caliper

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011714
Mobile Version of Website