Gay Rights...

Posted: Jun 7, 2011 at 20:01 Quote
He'll have to decide then I guess.

I think it also had to do with the fact he came out of the closet not tooooo long back. Transition phase of sorts.

(This is hearsay and guesswork at best.)

Posted: Jun 7, 2011 at 20:12 Quote
sherbet wrote:

I think it also had to do with the fact he came out of the closet not tooooo long back. Transition phase of sorts.

He obviously has an amazing girlfriend. So many girls would run a mile.

Posted: Jun 7, 2011 at 20:16 Quote
racheluk wrote:
Stealth-Mistress wrote:
racheluk wrote:
Old comment but I have trouble understanding this statement. I'm guessing you sway more towards men?

Prefer women more to be honest, I just don't think I could ever marry a woman
What would be stopping you?

*Trying to understand* Very confused

Maybe it would be different if I met a woman that I fell in love with but thats how I feel at the moment.

Posted: Jun 7, 2011 at 20:18 Quote
Stealth-Mistress wrote:
Maybe it would be different if I met a woman that I fell in love with
That's exactly what I'm saying. If you met an amazing woman you'd probably want to marry her eventually.

Just my totally bias opinion though Razz

Posted: Jun 7, 2011 at 20:21 Quote
racheluk wrote:
sherbet wrote:

He obviously has an amazing girlfriend. So many girls would run a mile.

Yeah she's awesome. The two sometimes go back and forth if they see a hot dude. Haha.

Posted: Jun 8, 2011 at 4:07 Quote
One of my best friends is nominally 'bi' but going through the biggest gay phase. It seems to vary from time to time.

Another consideration would be starting a family. If you wanna have kids that are manifestly (biologically) yours and your partner's, you'd want to partner up with someone of the opposite sex.

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 at 8:02 Quote
harriieee wrote:
Another consideration would be starting a family. If you wanna have kids that are manifestly (biologically) yours and your partner's, you'd want to partner up with someone of the opposite sex.
I'd say that these days most of my friends are gay or bi and despite many of them wanting children in the future I've never once heard any of them say they'd be with someone of the opposite sex in order to have children that are biologically both parent's. Most gay or bi people would be happy with insemination/surrogacy or adoption if they ended up in a long term relationship or civil partnership with someone of the same sex.

There probably are women and men out there though that do think in this way and if they are the kind of person who will jump into marriage with someone of the same sex just so they can have children I doubt it will end happy.

I'm the opposite - never want kids and if I was with someone who wanted them it wouldn't work...

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 at 9:31 Quote
racheluk wrote:
There probably are women and men out there though that do think in this way and if they are the kind of person who will jump into marriage with someone of the same sex just so they can have children I doubt it will end happy.

Who said anything about jumping into marriage? My bi friend (one mentioned above) knows he'll marry a woman for the above reason. You can still marry someone you love, even if you are making yourself ignore the other gender. It's not a given that you'll just jump headfirst into marriage just for the kids... I think you do the point of view that I mentioned above a disservice by thinking of it in those terms.

Posted: Sep 22, 2011 at 9:42 Quote
daviswebb wrote:
I haven't got time to read through 24 pages of debate but is anyone on here gay?

Raises hand! Yep I am a certified queer, a full fledged Pinkbike f*ggot. And a makeup artist. And yes, fags ride bikes, paddle sea kayaks and even..gasp...do martial arts...

Gay marriage..its really a non issue for most of us. The key is that marriage gets you access to benefits and happy la dee da civil ceremonies don't. So thats unfair, no?

Gay activism...the world is pretty tolerant here in Canada, so we hardly need to be activist any more. And no, we dont take offence to comments like ""oh, Dude, thats so gay", because we know it has nothing to do with homophobia, its just an expression.

Gays are still stoned, hung and tortured in Iran and other dog ass countries. But in Canada and the USA, I would say we have little to complain about. When it comes up, I say.."yes, I am gay, but also like spaghetti, so lets just move along..."

yep i'm gay..well bisexual but more or less gay....and yes I like the color pink, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Glee...but I also bike play xbox, work on cars and generally like to get dirty....but yes...I can be a bit of a "queen" on occasion...all my friends are gay, bi or lesbian...and yea some times we call each other fags because it's funny...

Posted: Sep 22, 2011 at 9:45 Quote
UKFRider wrote:
I didn't read all these pages (haven't got the time). But just to answer "daviswebb", well I am gay as well... And Im happy to see there are other gays on this site. I think the Mtb community is quite open I've never had any problems or conflicts due my sexuality, although it's not like if I go riding a bike with rainbow flags all over it. People seem to be so surprised to see "someone like me" riding, as they think that all gay people prance around like queens and haven't got the balls to do a sport like this. Got nothing else to add and I agree with all that is said above...

same here...a lot of people also think that we call others (guys and girls) hon,sweetie,dear, etc...wheather they be friends or just random people...i'm guilty of that on occasions....ex boyfriend didn't like it though.

Posted: Sep 22, 2011 at 10:14 Quote
Sooo... Don't ask don't tell got repealed.. About time.

Mod
Posted: Oct 23, 2011 at 21:41 Quote
Interesting thread.. *subsribes*

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 7:17 Quote
They are pretty trash NGL

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008840
Mobile Version of Website