Another day of working alone

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Another day of working alone
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 21, 2009 at 9:47 Quote
wow. yet again all my riding buddies, all 5 of them, have blown me off the go to other things or stay inside (i mean wtf its 80 degrees out and sunny, its a beautiful day)

i now get to hual a very large duffle bag 5 miles to my trail that weighs 50+ pounds full of tools and then in about 3 hours return. -.-

i really wish i had better riding buddies or lived somewhere else so i could have more fun and be with btter people.

anyone else have their complaints?

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 9:51 Quote
my riding buddies are great people but a couple years ago we all started building a trail together. at first we put in alot of hours until eventually it was just me and 1 other person working on it so the trail never got finished because the other people always made excuses to not climb up the mountain to build with us

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 11:22 Quote
the problem is we all like riding on the downhills, so to build and then ride we all have to trek uphill again. Everyones for riding your masterpieces but very few people like carrying tools and wood all the way to the top!!!

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 12:34 Quote
yup thats a good point

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 15:47 Quote
ours is more of what around here we call expert xc.. long treks with features. we have 6 different jumps, tallest is 3ft with about a 5ft gap. 2, 3foot max drops and at least 3 miles of interlapping courses going up and downhill its pretty sweet today i started on some skinnies. made two with a hatchet. 7ft long and going over a stream and a vally thing thats 5ft deep. im making 4 more soon =) and they are about 4-5inch widths

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 15:49 Quote
( to zhayne) dont let ur riding buddys hit ur jumps or what ever you built, no dig no ride

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 15:52 Quote
kinda hard to keep them off it... they "claim" they made more more of it than me. but i was the one that bought a machete and hacked through the thorns, carried logs, dug 3/4 of the dirt for the jumps and stuff like that. and they still say theyve done more. the most they have done is maybe rake leaves off cause apparently they were to slippery for them to ride on (im fastest in the group and dont have much trouble)

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 15:54 Quote
but i suppose after thinking about it im kinda fine with it as long as they dont trash my jumps or leave trash lying around. i love building and working on trails in the woods. its peaceful and i just listen to my ipod and work

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 15:59 Quote
make a jump or feature that you know only you can jump/cross that goes into the trail and then they won't be able to ride their bikes on your trail.

OR

Give them a shovel/spade for their birthday and tell them that from that point on they will build with you or you will sabotage their bikes.

OR

Sabotage their bikes and tell them that they suck d*ck and get some new friends that would be glad to build or introduce some other friends that you know will help you to mountain biking and eventually they will be like you and will want to build.

these are my suggestions for the moment, will try to think of more.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 16:23 Quote
i have this same problem, i seem to be the only one commited to building anything to ride, all my friends just want to sit and watch me build it so they can ride it....its bullShot

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 16:23 Quote
I have the same problem. My friend keeps making lame excuses, but says he loves riding. He said he had a migrane. My other friend quit riding to join football to get in shape for riding. And I'm the only one who wants to build, ever. They help, But it's hard to get them to start.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 16:31 Quote
I like working alone, i can make things how I want. If they dont like it thats their problem.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:04 Quote
suicidedownhiller wrote:
I have the same problem. My friend keeps making lame excuses, but says he loves riding. He said he had a migrane. My other friend quit riding to join football to get in shape for riding. And I'm the only one who wants to build, ever. They help, But it's hard to get them to start.

your second friend is even stupider than the first haha who joins football to get in shape?

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:05 Quote
zhayne wrote:
suicidedownhiller wrote:

your second friend is even stupider than the first haha who joins football to get in shape?
He's also 260 lbs, 5'8, all fat.

Posted: Jun 3, 2009 at 20:44 Quote
I build alone. In a lot of ways it's better. you get to build exactly what you want, for however long you want. Also, its at least twice as rewarding to invite your friends over to ride your sick trails that you built alone. They're like, "holy shit dude! you built this?" and its amazing and you get massive props. Razz

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007611
Mobile Version of Website