Official Kamloops thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kamloops thread
Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 10:40 Quote
Thx Cheryl....I would have been surprised to hear it was rideable.
I think the snow only just came off the top of the hills over there eh?!

Lots of rideable terrain in Batch good to go

I've already picked up/off Ticks....so be aware peoples

(no teasing about the seat...couple hrs on that, then the regular seat...easy transition for zee buttocks. Old geezer tip #11 Smile

photo

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 19:47 Quote
Hiked from mid point to top this morning with pup. Zero snow and dry for the most part. Only a couple of muddy spots. Not sure what it's like below mid point. Definitely has been ridden.

Posted: Apr 15, 2017 at 17:42 Quote
This is off topic, but is there a BC bike park pass for all the resorts? A few friends and I are planning a road trip for a month straight From Banff, Kamloops, and then head north through Pemberton to Whistler, then go back to Banff thought the Okanagan & Kootenay's. We are planning on hitting up local spots too but if there was a pass that we could acquire for all BC mountain bike parks that would be awesome.

Posted: Apr 22, 2017 at 9:07 Quote
The road into Rio is proper f*cked. This year's run off has made it a mess and riding in is the best option.

Posted: Apr 22, 2017 at 9:09 Quote
rivssss wrote:
Hiked from mid point to top this morning with pup. Zero snow and dry for the most part. Only a couple of muddy spots. Not sure what it's like below mid point. Definitely has been ridden.

I rode the tight shale section and the water is running pretty much the entire way making for some fun but sketchy troughs.

Posted: May 7, 2017 at 20:15 Quote
Tried to ride from old mid point and it's gone! Landowner has closed off access and I hiked up to ask if it would be restored at some point and they said no way.

Posted: May 7, 2017 at 20:15 Quote
Tried to ride from old mid point and it's gone! Landowner has closed off access and I hiked up to ask if it would be restored at some point and they said no way.

Posted: May 7, 2017 at 20:27 Quote
Did a few laps today. Very wet, but still decent traction. Bring a spare pair of shorts!

Posted: May 7, 2017 at 21:28 Quote
Thx for the heads up Cheryl.

If a guy was doing a solo Rio run from a vehicle somewhere on the bottom level(Valleyview/Barnhartvale) and pedaling up....... Best route would be?
Take a cab to Scott Rd.? lol

O+
Posted: May 7, 2017 at 21:43 Quote
cherylb wrote:

Across the cult de sac from the old access there is a trail off the fire rd behind the first house and it is actually between properties. This takes you down to Rio mid and there is new trail connecting to bern the berms or road of bones to climb up to top. This was a couple weeks ago.

Posted: May 8, 2017 at 16:10 Quote
KBRA kids league

Check it out! The KBRA kid's league is about to get rolling. Its a Free kids xc race league for ages 7 to 13. Get some coaching, go for a pedal and maybe grab a podium! Check out the KBRA Kid's League facebook page for more info.

O+
Posted: May 8, 2017 at 22:07 Quote
Just a heads up. Rode jelly foot today and on the way back , Jamieson creek road had been closed off about a 1 km up. Road is over half washed away and creek looks angry. Had to move barricades and tape to get back to westsyde road. If your wondering , trail was mint though.

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 7:01 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
KBRA kids league

Check it out! The KBRA kid's league is about to get rolling. Its a Free kids xc race league for ages 7 to 13. Get some coaching, go for a pedal and maybe grab a podium! Check out the KBRA Kid's League facebook page for more info.

I recognise some of those kids!!

We are going to try and make a couple of these this year.

Posted: May 10, 2017 at 9:10 Quote
Thanks! I'll check that out!

rivssss wrote:
cherylb wrote:

Across the cult de sac from the old access there is a trail off the fire rd behind the first house and it is actually between properties. This takes you down to Rio mid and there is new trail connecting to bern the berms or road of bones to climb up to top. This was a couple weeks ago.

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 8:40 Quote
Hello all,
I have a family road trip planed for first week of July that puts me in Kamloops on the 6th & 7th.
No one in the famjam rides so I'm planning to ride in the morning 7-10am before they get going. I'm looking to hook up with some of you locals to ride with who can show me the good trails and make the most of my time. Can shuttle (4 max) and provide morning coffee.
Hit me up if your into playing tour guide.
Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015089
Mobile Version of Website