Official Kamloops thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kamloops thread
Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 20:05 Quote
Southside Kenna looks mostly rideable. I went for a run (barf) there yesterday and some super sketch icy parts but mostly dirt. Haven't checked Pineview in a few weeks but I've heard it's fully iced over.

Posted: Dec 14, 2018 at 19:05 Quote
Did a few shuttles at the bike ranch this afternoon. Wrangler and tumbleweed were good , pale rider stil had soft and slick spots. Not a bad day, went skiing in morning and bikes in the afternoon.

Posted: Dec 14, 2018 at 21:06 Quote
rivssss wrote:
Did a few shuttles at the bike ranch this afternoon. Wrangler and tumbleweed were good , pale rider stil had soft and slick spots. Not a bad day, went skiing in morning and bikes in the afternoon.

I tried pedalling up and XC climb was such a mess above 3 Amigos I turned around and headed back. Wish I'd known!

Posted: Dec 14, 2018 at 21:23 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
rivssss wrote:

I tried pedalling up and XC climb was such a mess above 3 Amigos I turned around and headed back. Wish I'd known!

Posted: Dec 14, 2018 at 22:35 Quote
I checked out Kenna yesterday and it's a mudfest everywhere I attempted. Tried to go up towards Owl's Perch, couldn't get any traction on the road climb. Went around front with thoughts of a Big Pine loops, but gave up turned around on Sunnyside climb. Far too much mud right now. Either needs to freeze and harden or stay like this to dry out. The back and fourth from freeze overnight to early morning thaw isn't doing us riders any favours.

Posted: Dec 15, 2018 at 7:00 Quote
Has anyone been to the lower Harper trails as of late? Was hoping to do a couple Nates laps if there's no or minimal snow.

Posted: Dec 15, 2018 at 7:46 Quote
I checked out Harper yesterday. There’s too much snow, even on the lower half of the mountain.

Posted: Dec 15, 2018 at 8:26 Quote
harperrider wrote:
I checked out Harper yesterday. There’s too much snow, even on the lower half of the mountain.

Bummer, but thanks for the info. Guess I'm just sticking to beer drinking today.

Posted: Dec 15, 2018 at 8:38 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
harperrider wrote:

Bummer, but thanks for the info. Guess I'm just sticking to beer drinking today while clearing trail brush

fyp
heehee Wink

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
Has anyone ridden Merritt recently? It looked dry and snow free both times I drove through recently, so was hoping it's still rideable.

Apologies if there's already a thread on this, did a quick search and nothing popped up.

edit: Whoops, didn't check which account I was logged into before posting! Still recovering from the holidays I guess Facepalm

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 10:28 Quote
SDG-COMPONENTS wrote:
Has anyone ridden Merritt recently? It looked dry and snow free both times I drove through recently, so was hoping it's still rideable.

Apologies if there's already a thread on this, did a quick search and nothing popped up.

edit: Whoops, didn't check which account I was logged into before posting! Still recovering from the holidays I guess Facepalm

I haven't heard anything, but no trailforks ridelogs at Iron Mountain or Coutlee Platueau since early December. I know not everyone uses strava/trailforks but usually a decent indicator of who is riding where.

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 10:35 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
SDG-COMPONENTS wrote:

I haven't heard anything, but no trailforks ridelogs at Iron Mountain or Coutlee Platueau since early December. I know not everyone uses strava/trailforks but usually a decent indicator of who is riding where.

The Merritt trail association posted on facebook yesterday (or the day before) with some trail info. I can't remember which trails but they said that some where open and ride-able!

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 10:38 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
gbeaks33 wrote:
SDG-COMPONENTS wrote:

The Merritt trail association posted on facebook yesterday (or the day before) with some trail info. I can't remember which trails but they said that some where open and ride-able!

Thanks! I'll check their FB page.

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 10:00 Quote
I’m in merritt right now. Unless you have a tobaggan, no riding here.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.012536
Mobile Version of Website