Official Kamloops thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kamloops thread
Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 15:17 Quote
Attention Kamloops Parents!

DMB Mountain Bike Coaching Kamloops is offering summer learn to shred programs for kids age 7 to 13. Each course runs daily for 1.5 to 2 hours over 5 days at the Kamloops Bike Ranch.

For more info, check out our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/dmbbikingkamloops/ or hit us up on email at dmbbiking@gmail.com

Registration opens Feb 18th at 8am. Do not miss out!

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 15:40 Quote
How are the trail conditions?

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 15:50 Quote
dfbland wrote:
How are the trail conditions?
lower batchelor trails are open, that’s about it. all the others are not. Pretty mucky right now.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 21:56 Quote
Hey guys, in Kamloops this weekend. Just wondering if Rio is still okay to ride, I know there was some land access issues with it. Also wondering about Jameson, been a few years since we where out there do people still ride it?

Thanks in advance!

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 22:13 Quote
tuboy95 wrote:
Hey guys, in Kamloops this weekend. Just wondering if Rio is still okay to ride, I know there was some land access issues with it. Also wondering about Jameson, been a few years since we where out there do people still ride it?

Thanks in advance!

Jameson is good to go. Rio hasn't been rideable for years as far as I know.

Posted: May 5, 2019 at 11:47 Quote
Rode Jamison last night. It's mint!

Rio is a no go.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 8:26 Quote
Hey guys ! I'll be in Kamloops with the gf next week, one day only, what would you recommend that have great views and is pretty easy since she is a beginner ?

I did Big Horn last year, which would be fine for her, but would like to try something new. I heard about Dewdrop ? Or something even higher than that, that as great views ?

Thanks !

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 8:43 Quote
I'm not from Kamloops but Kenna Cartwright park has some easier riding and there are great views all throughout the park.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 8:45 Quote
Depends what you mean by beginner. Dewdrop doesn’t have any big jumps/gaps but depending on beginner level can be a bit loose and steep, is quite fun though. Harper climb “ketter done” has some decent views of the valley on the top half and will allow for a flow trail down if that’s what you’re looking for.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 9:12 Quote
Kenna makes the most sense for beginners. It's in town so you don't have to drive anywhere. The view of the river from the Lava Flow lookout is really nice. All green and blue trails except for maybe one black. The signposts are outdated, all the black diamond signs are actually blue's. Trailforks will help ya out.

The bike ranch has beginner stuff too, and has decent views of Kamloops looking north. It's not high elevation though. There's a shuttle service that operates most days for $4 a lap, I think.

Dewdrop is blue too but has some pretty steep sections near the bottom. Also - the climb is terrible. All old access roads that are steep and grunty in some spots, and it isn't on trailforks so if you don't know where you're going, it'll be annoying. I don't think a beginner would really be into that unless she's really fit and likes that sort of thing.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 10:28 Quote
kyle83 wrote:
Depends what you mean by beginner. Dewdrop doesn’t have any big jumps/gaps but depending on beginner level can be a bit loose and steep, is quite fun though. Harper climb “ketter done” has some decent views of the valley on the top half and will allow for a flow trail down if that’s what you’re looking for.

By beginner I mean, she never jumped before and scared of steep stuff. But me I love drops/gaps etc so it's a bit tricky haha How long is the climb on '' ketter done'' if we park between Nate's Upper / Lower ? If it's not bad I would probably consider doing 2 laps, one on Easy Rider Lower and one on Nate's Upper or ''Pimpernot'' trying to figure out which one is the best ( where she will walk most of the 2nd descent but she's cool with that )

Thanks !

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 10:32 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
Kenna makes the most sense for beginners. It's in town so you don't have to drive anywhere. The view of the river from the Lava Flow lookout is really nice. All green and blue trails except for maybe one black. The signposts are outdated, all the black diamond signs are actually blue's. Trailforks will help ya out.

The bike ranch has beginner stuff too, and has decent views of Kamloops looking north. It's not high elevation though. There's a shuttle service that operates most days for $4 a lap, I think.

Dewdrop is blue too but has some pretty steep sections near the bottom. Also - the climb is terrible. All old access roads that are steep and grunty in some spots, and it isn't on trailforks so if you don't know where you're going, it'll be annoying. I don't think a beginner would really be into that unless she's really fit and likes that sort of thing.

I'll look into Kenna ! Any recommandation for flowy trails there ?

I've been to the bike Ranch last year by myself, I loved it !!! but I would probably stay in the jump trails all day long and the gf won't like it haha

I'll cancel the idea for Dewdrop, thanks !

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 10:49 Quote
KSP-PRODUCTIONS wrote:
kyle83 wrote:

By beginner I mean, she never jumped before and scared of steep stuff. But me I love drops/gaps etc so it's a bit tricky haha How long is the climb on '' ketter done'' if we park between Nate's Upper / Lower ? If it's not bad I would probably consider doing 2 laps, one on Easy Rider Lower and one on Nate's Upper or ''Pimpernot'' trying to figure out which one is the best ( where she will walk most of the 2nd descent but she's cool with that )

Thanks !

The Ket-er-Done climb is pretty long. Not super techy and it's a pretty enjoyable climb, but def need fitness. Fast climbers do it in under an hour. I think the KOM is 45 minutes. First timers probably would need 1.5-2 hours? Parking at the gate at the top of Nate's Lower cuts off probably 20ish minutes of climbing. It'd be another ~350m elevation climbing from there. Nate's lower is an awesome trail and my personal fav on the mountain. So you'd miss that if you park above it. Easy Rider is the easiest descent but still requires riding down the lower parts of Unicorn to get to the meadow. They're not that bad, and can be walked if the steep parts scare her.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 10:52 Quote
Pine view has a lot of variety

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
rivssss wrote:
Pine view has a lot of variety

Can't believe i forgot about Pineview. I'll DM you some details.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021024
Mobile Version of Website