Official Kamloops thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kamloops thread
Posted: Mar 4, 2014 at 13:23 Quote
Hey guys! Looking at the weather, I'm thinking going riding up to Kamloops this weekend, is that a good idea? I've never biked up there, but I'm absolutely keen on any kind of descending, and could use a ride without being soaking wet for once to get back up to speed Smile

Posted: Mar 4, 2014 at 14:31 Quote
MrDuck wrote:
Hey guys! Looking at the weather, I'm thinking going riding up to Kamloops this weekend, is that a good idea? I've never biked up there, but I'm absolutely keen on any kind of descending, and could use a ride without being soaking wet for once to get back up to speed Smile

Trails are still covered in snow and ice.

Posted: Mar 4, 2014 at 15:14 Quote
harperrider wrote:
MrDuck wrote:

Trails are still covered in snow and ice.

What Harper Rider said. Never ending winter around here.

Posted: Mar 4, 2014 at 21:55 Quote
Thanks! Well then, guess I'll have to practice more mud riding around here Smile

Posted: Mar 9, 2014 at 9:59 Quote
I'm guessing we are ~ a month away from decent riding in lower elevations. Shitty winter that just won't go away.

Posted: Mar 9, 2014 at 10:22 Quote
Guess I'm way too optimistic going by the forecast then :-/ I'll keep checking I guess, really keen on riding up there finally!

Posted: Mar 9, 2014 at 11:50 Quote
its an odd year for sure. We had a couple of cold snaps and melts that turned everything to ice. I'd say we are upwards of a month behind normal. If this sun and warm temps continue it will all melt fast, but then the ground has to dry out.

Posted: Mar 9, 2014 at 16:36 Quote
with the warm day time and eve temps and this wind....could be sooner than later for the lower stuff.

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 at 8:17 Quote
Guys, posting from Williams Lake, and yes.... need to get on my bike. It will be a while here until the trails open and I've read you still have lots of snow, but what about Savona? Love that super nice gully trail that ends at the cemetery. Any snow there? Thanks and greetings from the "Puddle".

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 at 8:21 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
Nshore3 wrote:
Planning to visit in April, any recommendations for AM rides? Looks like mostly DH and shuttle riding in Kamloops from what I gather...
tonnes of am/xc riding in the loops buddy. not huge alpine stuff but so many sweet rides! you will not be disapointed. talk to Q or any shop in town and they will show you the goods.

We went last fall, coming from Williams Lake, and spent some time at Harper Mountain. I was pleasantly surprised, fun trails and good times. I'll definitely go back there this year. Brought AM bikes and just peddled to the top. Easy climb for some great rides.

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 at 10:17 Quote
Savona is still under snow. The lowest part is melted, but the frost is still coming out. Super greasy. Top of trails are still 5" of snow and ice.

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 at 13:01 Quote
harperrider wrote:
Savona is still under snow. The lowest part is melted, but the frost is still coming out. Super greasy. Top of trails are still 5" of snow and ice.

Oh wow, late start. Thanks!

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 at 13:24 Quote
caribooyj wrote:
Guys, posting from Williams Lake, and yes.... need to get on my bike. It will be a while here until the trails open and I've read you still have lots of snow, but what about Savona? Love that super nice gully trail that ends at the cemetery. Any snow there? Thanks and greetings from the "Puddle".

a big shout out.....I had the chance to ride in the puddle last summer. fox mtn and the other side where snakes and ladders is located. to say i was super impressed is an understatement! Other riding communities could take a few pointers from you guys. great trails, amazing signage, shuttling is a breeze and no traffic! i will mos def be back! keep it up!

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 at 14:36 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
caribooyj wrote:

a big shout out.....I had the chance to ride in the puddle last summer. fox mtn and the other side where snakes and ladders is located. to say i was super impressed is an understatement! Other riding communities could take a few pointers from you guys. great trails, amazing signage, shuttling is a breeze and no traffic! i will mos def be back! keep it up!

Sweet! Thanks so much! I was one of the builders of "Snakes & Ladders", so it's good to had you liked it.
Check www.ridethecariboo.ca for updates on all the trails in the area, events, conditions, etc...

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006867
Mobile Version of Website