Post your Santa Cruz Bullits!

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Post your Santa Cruz Bullits!
Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 20:06 Quote
whitebullit wrote:
nomadthistle wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/11773768/
Picked this up between chrimbo and new year

Nice man, throw some thinner pedals on there and your golden.

Will do.
Seller told me it was a 2011 frame. Not sure if it is. I can not complain picked it up for couple hundred bucks. The only thing I can see I need to replace right away. Is the front quick relies axle. Handle broken off.
Going to take it out for the first time tomorrow Smile

Posted: Feb 22, 2015 at 6:58 Quote
Best full-suss bike ever created.-Single pivot no-nonsense- easy minimum maintenance.

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 20:41 Quote
Need some input. Doing trails around Okanagan BC. Buillit is a 9 speed and the hills are kicking my ass, is it worth changing the rear cassette too a 10-11 speed I like the simplicity of 1 gear leaver. Or should I change the front to a 2x. Yup new to the sport!

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 12:39 Quote
Really it comes down to money i personally did fine with a 32t front with an 11-36 rear but you can go down to a smaller chainring on the front

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 9:56 Quote
gearing is strength and preference. if you are really having trouble than i would go for a 2x setup, but if its manageable stick with a 1x setup and go with a low tooth driver and a 11-36 cassette, and if you still need more check out the RAD cage and 40-42 tooth high gear. thats a lightweight way to get a granny gear. i run a 34tooth up front and a 11-36 in the back and thats good for me.

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 20:51 Quote
whitebullit wrote:
gearing is strength and preference. if you are really having trouble than i would go for a 2x setup, but if its manageable stick with a 1x setup and go with a low tooth driver and a 11-36 cassette, and if you still need more check out the RAD cage and 40-42 tooth high gear. thats a lightweight way to get a granny gear. i run a 34tooth up front and a 11-36 in the back and thats good for me.

Thank you jameshoke and whitebullit for you input. For sure it comes down to money! Right now I am running a 36 tooth on the front, going to change this. To change to a 10 or 11 speed looks like it will cost $300-400 for the parts.
Will probably just have to man up to the hills, I guess that's why they call it a "push bike"
Tires I am running kenda nevegal 26x2.5 would it be worth reducing the width may be to a 2.1 for less resistance

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 0:03 Quote
2.1 would be drastically too skinny but 2.5 nevagals arent exactly the best rolling tire. even a 2.35 would be a faster rolling tire without sacrificing too much grip.

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 9:52 Quote
I would go with a high roller II front 2.35 and maby a crossmark 2.25 rear so you don't have lots of rotating mass and keep the grip

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 15:37 Quote
whitebullit wrote:
That a great looking bike love the white, hint of purple

Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 9:28 Quote
Hi guys - i've got one of these bullit's now as well, will post a pic up soon, just wondering, the rear spring i've got is too heavy meaning i can't get the correct sag...the website i'm looking at is asking for the wheel travel?? I've no idea what this is, anyone got a link to the bikes dimensions so i can get myself the correct coil for my weight?

Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 16:01 Quote
alimac2411 wrote:
Hi guys - i've got one of these bullit's now as well, will post a pic up soon, just wondering, the rear spring i've got is too heavy meaning i can't get the correct sag...the website i'm looking at is asking for the wheel travel?? I've no idea what this is, anyone got a link to the bikes dimensions so i can get myself the correct coil for my weight?

if you tell me the year of the bullit, how much you weigh and the brand of rear shock i will tell you exactly what you need to know.

Posted: Apr 15, 2015 at 7:54 Quote
Thanks whitebullit.

The guy i got it off believes it's a 2004 frame. It has a Fox Vanilla R shock 2.5" stroke. I weigh 159lbs.
Bullit is on the left.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008524
Mobile Version of Website