Broken Float 36 .... again.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Broken Float 36 .... again.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 19:00 Quote
WANTED Fox 36 rebound damper.

Short version:

The rebound damper sheared off the cartridge upon taking a hard impact. Damper and cartridge were replaced fork was lowered to 100mm for street/dj use and today it happened again.

Long version (possibly more interesting):

The fork originally broke after a season of riding Bromont. The shaft on the rebound damper was sheared off in an impact that wasn't even hard enough to make me crash. Bromont can be hard on bikes so I assumed it was "reasonable" based on how I was riding (and had ridden) on the fork.

I was lucky enough to replace the rebound damper and cartridge with with a part I purchased from a guy on pinkbike. Knowing I had kicked the balls out of the fork already I decided to retire it from DH and since I needed a for for my street/dj bike I had the fork lowered to 100mm for my other bike.

Today I broke it again and I'm fairly certain it's exactly the same as last time. All the symptoms are the same and everyone there heard a loud snap from my front end. All rebound control is gone and the fork tops out on every quick extension.

Am I the only one breaking these forks or has this happened to anyone else?

Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018327
Mobile Version of Website