And I love that old book smell too!!

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 10:19 Quote
Theocr wrote:
super car definitely.
adidas vs nike

Nike

Block wall vs picket fence

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 11:03 Quote
Picket Fence....then I can pet puppers through it.

Full face or half shell?

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 11:23 Quote
mountainbiker929 wrote:
[
Weight bias maybe?

After a little research, I've come up with a few clues. Stiff suspension and slutch is mentioned.. Just imagine some spindly, well off software developer is in the middle of a decreasing radius corner. He downshifts, but because he's a spindly weakling, he dumps the clutch. Bad news.

Another idea (that is my own thought), is the Viper is relatively cheap for a supercar. So blue collar Joe Blow goes from driving his piece of shit FWD minivan to a comparatively monstrous RWD car, with no experience driving aggressively at all, let one in a RWD. He assumes he can just punch it and fly, but without traction control or stability control, he wraps his new whip around a tree.

Higher HP RWD cars require a certain.. Delicateness, that needs to mesh with aggressiveness in certain instances. Unless you've hooned in lower HP RWD cars to understand the basics, which most blue and white collar guys with the stereotypical 40-60 hours a week job, 2.5 kids and a mortgage, have never had the freedom to do as they want, like hooning. The blue collar guy is too busy fixing his shitty minivan and renovating his house bit by bit, and the white collar guy is too busy playing tennis at the ritzy resort and taking vacations to Italy and the Bahamas to keep up with the Jones's. The thing they both have in common is neither is truly free- they both live paycheck to paycheck, and they both can't afford or be seen with a beat up LS Miata or S13 to learn how to drive.

That's my guess anyways.

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 11:26 Quote
Creegz wrote:
Picket Fence....then I can pet puppers through it.

Full face or half shell?

lol

If I could only have one? Full face. Teeth are pretty cool.

LS swapped S13 Silvia coupé vs 2JZ A80 Supra

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 12:44 Quote
LS, reliable power is nice and the low end torque of a v8 is where is at
Locked diff vs open (for life)

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 13:23 Quote
its-chris wrote:

Locked diff for sure , I'll take welded over open. ( unless on a new car that's awd lol)

Ns majesty vs ns decade

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 16:24 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
its-chris wrote:

Locked diff for sure , I'll take welded over open. ( unless on a new car that's awd lol)

Right? For me, a limited slip is the best all around compromise unless you're pushing stupid HP numbers, but either way, f*ck open diff's.

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 6:38 Quote
therealtylerdurden wrote:
mountainbiker929 wrote:
[
Weight bias maybe?

After a little research, I've come up with a few clues. Stiff suspension and slutch is mentioned.. Just imagine some spindly, well off software developer is in the middle of a decreasing radius corner. He downshifts, but because he's a spindly weakling, he dumps the clutch. Bad news.

Another idea (that is my own thought), is the Viper is relatively cheap for a supercar. So blue collar Joe Blow goes from driving his piece of shit FWD minivan to a comparatively monstrous RWD car, with no experience driving aggressively at all, let one in a RWD. He assumes he can just punch it and fly, but without traction control or stability control, he wraps his new whip around a tree.

Higher HP RWD cars require a certain.. Delicateness, that needs to mesh with aggressiveness in certain instances. Unless you've hooned in lower HP RWD cars to understand the basics, which most blue and white collar guys with the stereotypical 40-60 hours a week job, 2.5 kids and a mortgage, have never had the freedom to do as they want, like hooning. The blue collar guy is too busy fixing his shitty minivan and renovating his house bit by bit, and the white collar guy is too busy playing tennis at the ritzy resort and taking vacations to Italy and the Bahamas to keep up with the Jones's. The thing they both have in common is neither is truly free- they both live paycheck to paycheck, and they both can't afford or be seen with a beat up LS Miata or S13 to learn how to drive.

That's my guess anyways.

Makes sense to me. It still surprised me how few people can drive stick, and how many fewer can drive stick with a modicum of elegance. Everyone around here seems to have grown up driving auto subarus or fwd auto econoboxes, and I highly doubt they could drive anything without ABS, traction control and two pedals effectively, especially in the snow.

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 6:38 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
its-chris wrote:

Ns majesty vs ns decade

Majesty

Rwd and auto vs awd and stick

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 7:43 Quote
mountainbiker929 wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
its-chris wrote:

Ns majesty vs ns decade

Majesty

Rwd and auto vs awd and stick

AWD and stick, only because what's the point of an auto RWD (unless it's something like a semi auto BMW M3 type machine)

Epic suspension set up with shitty chinese tyres vs the best tyres with standard suspension.

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 14:19 Quote
Good Tires

Miata vs aw11

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 14:38 Quote
mountainbiker929 wrote:
Good Tires

Miata vs aw11

Miata any day.

And I'm sure you're comment above is right. The vast majority of people 100% suck at driving. Something like 80-90% of interstate accidents in Kansas involve hitting power poles. If you know anything about Kansas, you know it's flat. No terrain variety at all, and nothing to crash into except wheat. Fear+ target fixation = crashing into power poles. Seriously, people suck ass at driving.

Dirt jumper for downhill or dh bike for cross country.

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 15:51 Quote
DH for cross country.

2X vs 1X for cross country?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.170763
Mobile Version of Website