Devil's Drop Newmarket (Slayer's Run)

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Devil's Drop Newmarket (Slayer's Run)
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 at 17:29 Quote
ya, not exactly sure where your talking about, I'd have to see it.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 at 17:30 Quote
I think a big end of season ride is in order

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 15:10 Quote
Not sure how much fun riding you can do with all the leaves around here. If the weather is decent this weekend, I hope to get out on Saturday and Sunday. Gotta get some measurements to replace the busted bridge and scope out some good fallen trees to start a new bridge crossing the creek that has no bridge.

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 16:57 Quote
was out today, everything is nice and dry. I'll be around most of the weekend, can probably squeeze in a ride at some point or another.

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2009 at 13:01 Quote
Awesome news. Not only was it a perfect day for riding, someone was out there today and has raked the entire back section of the trails (the really twisty trail). I can't help but feel a little bad for seeing him work by himself while I go ride, but I will be out there all of tommorow with a rake, pick axe thing and a shovel sprucing up some of trail.

Posted: Nov 14, 2009 at 16:48 Quote
Awesome, I was gonna do the same, but my leaf rake broke and I havn't gotten a new one yet. Maybe I'll get out for a bit tomorrow.

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 13:02 Quote
went out and walked the trail today mostly the north end, basically ended at the bridge where the person stopped raking. So we walked through leaves the whole way. Either way, wasn't a bad day fo a nice walk, a little damp though. If its nice in the next 2 days I'll go for a ride.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 14:39 Quote
YEah I noticed that ontop of the leaves, it seemed quite dry, but as soon as I got onto the cleared area it was pretty slippery.

As you probably noticed, I didn't get out at all on Sunday. Had too much crap to do, which is a bummer as I really want to get that broken bridge back up and do some general maitenance in some other areas (washed out part of the trail, that one bad stream crossing etc).

I'm praying for half decent weather this weekend...

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 16:15 Quote
Got inspired by the raking that (whoever) did on the weekend. So I went out today and bought a new rake and raked about 1.5km of trail. Raked from one of the North East entrances ( that drops in off the road by the 2 close ladder bridges ) and raked all the way down down + across the stream back up the hill, out to the 2 bridges are side by side ( skinny + ladder )

photo

photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 17:17 Quote
Nice! Can't wait to go there on the weekend

Posted: Nov 18, 2009 at 17:56 Quote
I wanna ride this weekend, but have to work. All that needs to be raked now is connecting from the skinny bridge, down the hill to where the other guy stopped.

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 at 12:42 Quote
do any of you ride dh??? i ride dh and would be down for a ride sometime

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2009 at 12:43 Quote
i do. where abouts do you ride?

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
Well I did a ton of work on the trails today. When I first headed out it started to rain, which to be honest got me a little depressed haha. Thankfully the weather was perfect for building.

I raked from where you (EMS) left off at the skinny bridge all the way to part way down the hill before the long bridge where the unknown person finished. I also finished the bridge that I started, to replace the one that cracked in half. Although sometime from last weekend to now it twisted a bit, I'm not sure how long it will last next year.

I also moved one other bridge. It is the one that was placed diagonally across the stream and was constantly needing to be braced up in new ghetto ways. Now it is perpendicular to the stream and has proper on-off ramp things, instead of having to hop onto it.

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 at 20:17 Quote
Sweet, I'll have to go check these bridges out. Unfortunatly wont be able to go out till at least next friday. Hopefully these will still be some plus days to get out. I'd had some ideas to make a more permanent bridge at the wet stream crossing, but it would require a sturdy brace in the middle which would require putting in footings down into the ground. Do you know if that creek runs dry or freezes in the winter? Kinda hard to dig a hole in a runnign stream.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025939
Mobile Version of Website