Devil's Drop Newmarket (Slayer's Run)

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Devil's Drop Newmarket (Slayer's Run)
O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 7:45 Quote
Did that wooden drop happen to be across that rotten bridge? As I did not try to go across

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 7:46 Quote
BumperBurner wrote:
Did that wooden drop happen to be across that rotten bridge? As I did not try to go across

Yeah it is across the bridge that is pretty much touching the water.

Don't worry, the bridge is safe to cross, it has been there forever and somehow has not broken apart. Though it has floated away a few times. Its just bouncy. Smile

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 9:00 Quote
Rebuilt the most used jump
Rebuilt the most used jump
remains
Rebuilt the most used jump.
remains
I rebuilt the drop in for the most used jump.
remains
remains
remains
Remains

Here is some photos I took you can barely see anything with the lighting so I am sorry about that.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
Would your happen to have more photos of Devils drops back when it was usable?

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 at 18:45 Quote
Here are some photos from the other side of the train tracks, out at devils. We used to have some big ol' step downs out there but its all pretty overgrown now. These photos are 10-12 years old haha

photo
Sending the 25ish foot step down

photo
Steppin Down...The new step down was unrideable today due to the lack of landing

photo
Steppin Down...The new step down was unrideable today due to the lack of landing

photo

photo
gnarrin

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 17:45 Quote
Sick man we actually rebuilt the middle step down and the run up to it like A week or Two ago.
Do you think the huge step down would be possible with cross country xc bike? Cause I see you have a DH bike with full face doing it

Posted: May 14, 2020 at 9:09 Quote
So much stuff is getting rebuilt now it's getting good. I'm going to rebuild the step-downs next!

Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 21:45 Quote
The main devils drop dirt jumps are almost all rebuilt and bigger. Haven't checked on the old section and dh yet

Posted: Apr 3, 2021 at 0:55 Quote
you are welcome boys! ill be getting things running again this year before im off to the westcoast!

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2021 at 6:33 Quote
Not saying it's you guys, but whoever is leaving all that trash in the area is just asking for the town to come in and fence the area off.

I'd make an effort to clean it up....

Posted: Apr 3, 2021 at 16:54 Quote
I completely agree and its honestly mostly the stoner guys that go there and some of the younger riders I brought in garbage bags last year and did a bit of a clean up

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2021 at 18:48 Quote
MotoMitch420 wrote:
I completely agree and its honestly mostly the stoner guys that go there and some of the younger riders I brought in garbage bags last year and did a bit of a clean up

Nice, thank you for doing doing that.

I was a little shocked at the amount of trash at the spot by the river. And then there's even a pile up the hill across the railroad tracks. Frown

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2021 at 14:38 Quote
A bunch of laminated peices of paper notifying people of some "guidelines" seems to me it would be helpfull, at all the entrances. It most likely wont stop, IE, the stoner dudes or people that just dont care/respect, but it might reduce people that might keep at least a little bit of people that have some respect from littering. That and also possibly a trash can spay painted a bright colour, so people can clearly see it. When my shoulder heals enough, I hope to get out there and build and ride a bit every once and a while, although my main focus is at a new spot closer to where I live so I have no clue how often ill show. This spot is great as it gets people out and riding and building together, and/or be inspired to build their own, and go bigger.

Posted: Apr 4, 2021 at 16:16 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
MotoMitch420 wrote:

Nice, thank you for doing doing that.

I was a little shocked at the amount of trash at the spot by the river. And then there's even a pile up the hill across the railroad tracks. Frown

yea its pretty brutal now a days cause of covid a lot of people are going out there to party during the day and stuff but its all people being ignorant and selfish with zero respect.. the place is honestly a lost cause to every get it to where it use to be cause I was the only only actually digging with any kind of knowledge on how to build jumps and everything and a lot of riders have zero respect for the new stuff I was trying to build and riding it before things were done so id be spending most of my time fixing things instead of continuing with the builds!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026443
Mobile Version of Website