GnarCal riders thread

PB Forum :: USA - West
GnarCal riders thread
Posted: Jun 14, 2012 at 17:27 Quote
Hmmm, no, not familiar with them. Thanks, Ill try and find em next time i roll through there. Enjoying the riding here in Shasta right now. . . .

Posted: Jun 20, 2012 at 11:33 Quote
Anybody else familiar with mendocino natl forest trails? Been dirtbiking a bunch out there and there's a nice shuttle-able ride from the top of elk mtn area that winds its way to my families property line. It's just listed as trail 37 on the natl forest map. There's A small bit of pedaling, but about +1000-1200/ -3000-3500 ft elevation gain and loss. As far as trails in our property, its been a slow start. There is a lot of terrain to cover, but it looks like the first trail built will be a mellow singletrack running along bear creek, starting from the campsites and ending back at the campsites. Also check out sled ridge. SICK downhill run... http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d1ZRUDQe-18

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 14:38 Quote
If you love Biking, paintbal, fishing, kayaking, ect vote for Black Bear Outdoors in Rocklin so we can help share our love for the outdoors with you! please take a minute to vote and share with your friends, this $250k grant would go a long way for us and providing what you need!
its simple and easy!
go to Missionsmallbusiness.com
type in Black Bear Outdoors for the business name
and Vote!
voting ends on the 30th

thanks for your support!

Posted: Jun 28, 2012 at 9:34 Quote
woohoo! picked up a 2005 enduro expert today. with the 36 talas and dhx 5.0. Now i can rip some of these other trails you guys were talking about. Jailbreak

Posted: Jul 4, 2012 at 21:23 Quote
Anyone in here happen to ride BMX? I'll be coming through California in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for parks, dirt jumps or street spots to check out on a little bike.

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 at 15:51 Quote
checking in from sacramento ca.

i am going up 5 N in a few weeks time to the south west corner of OR for a family trip, im leaving a few days early and am taking my bike to ride.. if anyone has some suggestions for some good trails up north in central california, please let me know!

i am also coniderin taking the coast hwy back to hit even moar trails, so ill take those suggestions as well.

sorry, ive yet to ride more than 2-3 local trails on my new dj, but i am swiftly following in love with trails. tup
thx in advance!

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 8:38 Quote
Jsut wanted to post up and say hi. New to the forum, semi new to downhilling/freeriding. Used to race motorcycles, and well I have found this is a great alternative that is alot more affordable. Up in the Camino area (Apple Hill/Placerville). Been riding Bumpy meadows up near Sly Parks Jenkinson Lake...

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 at 15:42 Quote
so i went to downieville classic for the first time which was cool, but im unsure how you access the majority of the trails. anyone with experience care to enlighten me? it looked like they had a chairlift on a nearby mountain but im not sure if thats related?

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 at 20:32 Quote
Neely wrote:
so i went to downieville classic for the first time which was cool, but im unsure how you access the majority of the trails. anyone with experience care to enlighten me? it looked like they had a chairlift on a nearby mountain but im not sure if thats related?
The bikeshops have shuttles that take you up for 40 minutes or so, and then you ride down the trails and it feeds you back into town.

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 at 21:45 Quote
or bring someone along that is willing to shuttle you up!

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 8:24 Quote
paying for a shuttle is worth it, both outfitters are pretty cool.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 12:51 Quote
novaman64 wrote:
Jsut wanted to post up and say hi. New to the forum, semi new to downhilling/freeriding. Used to race motorcycles, and well I have found this is a great alternative that is alot more affordable. Up in the Camino area (Apple Hill/Placerville). Been riding Bumpy meadows up near Sly Parks Jenkinson Lake...

There is a real short DJ (and I use that term loosely) trail about 2 mi past the 2nd sly park dam. Park at the yellow gate on the left side of the road. Ride up to the clearing (100yds or so) and go straight/left. Fun. It comes out at the dam.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 14:13 Quote
Hey guys. In San Francisco. I ride mostly Pacifica and looking for some people to ride with. New to the area, Sort of.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 15:53 Quote
I will hit you up next time Im down there. The parents still live down there, so I occasionally go down there for the weekend... Ill bring my bike down, havent ever ridden down there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021333
Mobile Version of Website