Norco Sasquatch or Kona Stinky Six?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Norco Sasquatch or Kona Stinky Six?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 14:33 Quote
Which bike is better for its price? I know the stinky is DS but im deciding between stinky and Sasquatch. I ride DH and do Dirt Jumps
Kona Sitnky six- 1999$
Norco Sasquatch- 1499$

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
hmmm ...i guess it depends on how much DH vs. DJ...really you're choosing between a DH and a DJ bike. For its price...neither...buy a better bike used. But I personally would go with the Kona, but then again I don't DJ as much as I DH

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 14:50 Quote
Kona. Sasquatch is not made for DJ's nor DH. On the other hand, if you are just starting, a Sasquatch would be perfect or another used bike.

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 17:40 Quote
Pshh..., Sasquatch works great and pops great on the dirt jumps its just the frame is a little hard to do can cans and stuff like that (height), and the cords aren't long enough to barspin. 'sx04' don't knock it till' you try it. The Sasquatch is great if you like to mix freeride, cross country, and dirt jumps together.

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 17:53 Quote
dirtjumpersasquatch wrote:
Pshh..., Sasquatch works great and pops great on the dirt jumps its just the frame is a little hard to do can cans and stuff like that (height), and the cords aren't long enough to barspin. 'sx04' don't knock it till' you try it. The Sasquatch is great if you like to mix freeride, cross country, and dirt jumps together.
I used to have a Norco Rival myself which is similar. A hardtail is good for your your first few years of riding FR/DH because you have to pick your lines on rough stuff. I'm not bashing it, just stating my POV.

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 17:58 Quote
In my opinion, i would go with the norco sasquatch, because, it is a hardtail, but the frame it self is designed for NS, DH, SS, as well can be used for street and DJ, given the rider is willing to push, but really a stinky, is only good for its name and not the usage you would like it to do..... so i agree with my bro Zack..... The norco dispite there rep its a good bike and a all round bike for you, in my opinion talk to DJ sasquatch he knows a fair share about this bike, he can do trials, DJ, DH, and some pretty gnarly hits....

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 at 22:21 Quote
The good thing about the Sasquatch is that it will do basically anything. So if you're not sure of what style of rinding you want to do, get the sasquatch. Lets say that you're going DH or Freeride. I would get a stinky (six). Now, if its you're first time on a full suspension, i would get the stinky Six because it has 6'' travel front and rear. 7'' travel is a little to zesty for a first full suspension(Stinky or stinky deluxe). Plus, Full suspension will really help on berms, drops and even on table-tops. The berms are the biggest problem for the sasquatch because the rear wheel would like to 'hop' around and will make you lose control. all in all, there both amazing bikes produced by amazing company's

hope this helped Smile

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.126492
Mobile Version of Website