J hop help

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
J hop help
Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 15:20 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
It really bugs me when people call them j-hops. It's been called a bunny hop since the beginning of time. Then a few years ago some guy decided to start calling them j-hops. God knows why. I just had to get that off my chest.

To bunny hop higher, you need to bring your front end up higher. The higher you front wheel is, the higher your back wheel will be. It's hard to explain, but you need to start hopping before you tuck. bring your front wheel up as high as you can, then start hopping strait up on the back wheel, THEN start to tuck. It'll give you an extra bit of pop from your hop.

Really though, the best way to learn how to bunny hop higher, is to just practice.
+1
i was reding this and was like "what the hell is a j hop"

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 20:39 Quote
ambush24 wrote:
lettusdude wrote:
It really bugs me when people call them j-hops. It's been called a bunny hop since the beginning of time. Then a few years ago some guy decided to start calling them j-hops. God knows why. I just had to get that off my chest.

To bunny hop higher, you need to bring your front end up higher. The higher you front wheel is, the higher your back wheel will be. It's hard to explain, but you need to start hopping before you tuck. bring your front wheel up as high as you can, then start hopping strait up on the back wheel, THEN start to tuck. It'll give you an extra bit of pop from your hop.

Really though, the best way to learn how to bunny hop higher, is to just practice.
+1

It's all over the net, it's so f*cking annoying. Eventually in this thread "it doesn't matter what it's called" guy will show up and chastise us for calling tricks what they are. If you think bunny hop is too "gay" or "girly" just call it a hop.

Just because you can jump high on your feet doesn't mean you can hop high. Think about it: you're pulling up and back with your arms; then lifting your legs with your feet pointed towards the ground; then pushing your up/forward; then straightening out your legs. It's similar, and if you can jump high chances are your leg muscles will be able to help you get higher but then you'll just end up landing really nose heavy.

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 21:11 Quote
AmysKeeper wrote:
ambush24 wrote:
lettusdude wrote:

+1

It's all over the net, it's so f*cking annoying. Eventually in this thread "it doesn't matter what it's called" guy will show up and chastise us for calling tricks what they are. If you think bunny hop is too "gay" or "girly" just call it a hop.

Just because you can jump high on your feet doesn't mean you can hop high. Think about it: you're pulling up and back with your arms; then lifting your legs with your feet pointed towards the ground; then pushing your up/forward; then straightening out your legs. It's similar, and if you can jump high chances are your leg muscles will be able to help you get higher but then you'll just end up landing really nose heavy.
yeah i'm 100% certain my bunnyhop is higher than my vertical leap.

Posted: Aug 16, 2010 at 1:30 Quote
AmysKeeper wrote:
ambush24 wrote:
lettusdude wrote:

+1

it's true i have a crazy high vertical but im just a pinner shit with my upper body so i cant really hop high :\ LOL

Posted: Aug 16, 2010 at 20:02 Quote
us walla walla folk call what you call "J-hops" pro-hops..

Posted: Aug 16, 2010 at 21:51 Quote
Broughton wrote:
us walla walla folk call what you call "J-hops" pro-hops..
But they're not "J-hops" or pro-hops...they're called "bunny hops"

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 0:33 Quote
I always thought a j-hop and a bunny hop were two different things?

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 0:42 Quote
Some f*ggot in New Zealand started calling them log-hops.

THEY ARE ALL F*CKING BUNNY HOPS GET THAT INTO YOUR HEAD
The pioneers of the sport would laugh at you for calling them that.

sorry its just frustrating.

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 1:20 Quote
haha alright i understand that they are oficially called bunny hops, but j-hop is I think easyer to say.

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 at 16:55 Quote
for gods sake just say hop goddamn

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 at 18:42 Quote
Freenorco wrote:
haha alright i understand that they are oficially called bunny hops, but j-hop is I think easyer to say.

It's really not and it makes it sound like you're someone who believes Ebonics should still be taught in schools. Just say hop, it's way easier to say and type.

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 at 19:22 Quote
Damn, I have never seen such BS over a name for just hopping the bike. Its hopping no matter how ya look at it or the technique used to reach that point of hopping or landing it.

To the OP, just do a research online for a descent video tutorial or get with riders more seasoned/skilled than you are, Ya learn a lot from riding with more skilled riders. Good luck bro! Beer

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 at 22:29 Quote
alright ill just say hop from now on so i dont get dissed Razz

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 at 22:34 Quote
dk-rider9 wrote:
lettusdude wrote:

buddy bunny hop both wheels come up at the same time and its called a jhop because ur hands are making a j formation
it's called a bunny hop for a reason! ever seen a rabbit jump around? Notice how it's always front feet first?

Posted: Aug 19, 2010 at 18:34 Quote
front feet then tail

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014399
Mobile Version of Website