What do you think about WTB Timber Wolves?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What do you think about WTB Timber Wolves?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 27, 2009 at 13:44 Quote
Hi, what is your opinion about WTB Timber Wolf? I think I'll might get a pair once my High Rollers wears out. I'm a bit confused, some people love them and some really hate them.

Here's a pic of them: http://www.cambriabike.com/Images/product/wtb_timberwolf_tires.jpg

The weather here in Sweden is somewhat mixed up, it can go weeks with sun and dry tracks to opened up heavens and swamp like conditions. I would really like a tyre that can perform in all these conditions and I heard the Timber Wolves might be good for this purpose. I really like the High Rollers but I wouldn't mind a bit of extra grip. So should I go for these or stick to High Rollers.

P.S. Weight is of no concern.

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 14:10 Quote
they were stock on my bike. in the mud, they are awesome, dry a bit less, but still get the job done pretty good. quite durable. I had the 2.7 though,. they had a lot of rolling resistance, for racing I think I would go smaller or another tire, maybe less knobby. and get the dual ply...was near impossible to get a flat, worth the extra weight

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 14:16 Quote
ogou0287 wrote:
they were stock on my bike. in the mud, they are awesome, dry a bit less, but still get the job done pretty good. quite durable. I had the 2.7 though,. they had a lot of rolling resistance, for racing I think I would go smaller or another tire, maybe less knobby. and get the dual ply...was near impossible to get a flat, worth the extra weight

So they seem like a good tyre her in Sweden, we usually have medium loose and moist conditions. I've had plans for racing, but if it comes down to that I will probably get "race tyres" for that purpose. So you would say they are good all rounders for the weekend warrior?

O+
Posted: May 27, 2009 at 14:21 Quote
i have been running timberwolves for at least six years.
i dont ever let them not be in my tire rack.
they have a lot of rolling resistance, but thats cause they have aggressive knobs all over the place.
this gives them alot of great traction in loose anything. loose dry gravel dirt, and wet loose muddy slop.
when the going gets hardpack, they are noisy and notice-ably slow.
i find them awesome on techy roots and rocks, cause they find stuff to eat, like little edges....
when leaned aggressively in the loose "anything" mentioned above, they hook up nice,
but when the drypack is kicking you have to be careful, cause they want to bite, but then they got nothing to chew on...

i have never flatted on a superduty casing timber.w. but i was learning to shred, and really was quite a hack when i started riding them. now i am a bit smoother, but going bigger and faster, and i still trust them.
i switched years ago to the timbers, cause all my homies were getting pinches everywhere(mostly riding neveys and white tigers at that time...) and i just didnt want to worry about it. its to the point now, where if i got timbers on, i will ride without my pack, cause i know they got my back!

my first set, when i was more broke and more of a hack, lasted me two whole seasons of freeriding!!!
yeah they were beat, but they kept going.
they ride like an all purpose tire should, good almost everywhere, but not dedicated to anything.
and again, they are super slow for racing, which i do now, so i save em for spring and fall freeriding....
god i have loved and beat some timbers here in the NW USA!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010684
Mobile Version of Website