Rockshox Totem Soloair Vs Coil

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Rockshox Totem Soloair Vs Coil
  • Next Page
Posted: May 28, 2009 at 15:44 Quote
Geoff-Ross wrote:
the air sorta sounds better for me i am a pretty light rider and i want to be able to make it stick and track like a dh fork but me eager to jump with a bit of air ive riden a coil it felt nice thats my basic knowledge of air ajsutment and i think thats how it works?
both will suit you fine, but im 210 lbs at 6-3 and i ride the same demo 7 2 as you, and the totem solo airs are more than enough in strght for me. there one of the strongest forks iv ridden. plus it has the psi chart on the side of the fork so you can dial it in to your weight. its perfect. but if your riding dh for a day, drop the psi by about 5-10 so its a bit smoother. but for hucking, keep it at the recomended level

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 15:46 Quote
yeah, theyll handle dh really well, and the occasional dj. Solo air would be best if you want to do both, b/c you can pump up the air for jumping and have it nice and stiff very easily.
just make sure you grease and clean the seals VERY often (after every major ride) otherwise theyll bitch at you

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 15:48 Quote
solo air it is thanks all im getting deemax's and as much silver as i can

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 15:51 Quote
will save the cost of a softer coil too

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 16:10 Quote
Coils all the way for me, they just feel so much better and if you are forking out on a set of totems whats the price of a spring thats my opinion but then am not to bothered about weight

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 16:15 Quote
im not reli bothered about weight and i wouldnt reli mind paying 30 quid or summin extra for a softer spring is the dif in feel really that noticeable between the two if you were to switch round quickly ive owned coil 100% in past but rode some argyle 409 air which feel the asme as my pike 426 coil i think silver looks better on a demo too

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 16:29 Quote
yes the galvanised finish is nice i do agree i think what ever you buy you will be happy as long as you quick lube them every few rides as like everyone says they dont have the best seals

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 16:33 Quote
get the air i have a lyrik solo air and it's plusher than the two coil forks i owned previously.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011337
Mobile Version of Website