Project: Duncon Cocker Hardtail! (need sugestions)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Project: Duncon Cocker Hardtail! (need sugestions)
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 23:24 Quote
I am getting overly excited by this bike arriving soon, so I'd thought I'd post up the frame and ask some questions and some specs and what not. Yeah, I'm braggin. Just so stoked Razz

Frame:
photo

Specs so far:
Fork: lowered 66 with ETA or Fox 36 talas (???)
Wheels: Azonic Outlaws, Red rims
Bars: ???
Brake: Avid Juicy
Tires: ???
Grips: ODI ruffians, Orange
Crankset: Truvativ Hussfelt, Black
Pedals: DMR V8 in orange
Stem: ???
Seat: ???

I have stuff laying around to fill in the question marks, just wondered what would work best.

Single speed or geared? Front brake or no? Any suggestions for specs?
Thanks!
I will post up pics as the build gets moving along. Should be finished by early July I hope.

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 23:48 Quote
ridedabrodie wrote:
duncons are sweet
How's your pussy ride? Whip Looks sweet!

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 9:44 Quote
Any suggestions for bars, tires, stem, and seat? I don't know much about dirtjumping products. Weight doesn't matter a whole lot, strength comes first by far.

And fork options? 66, talas, pike, argyle? The bike is designed for 110-160mm

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 18:33 Quote
Does anyone make a frame bash gaurd protector or something similar to protect while doing pedal grinds?

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 18:41 Quote
Talas is not meant to be ridden hard when lowered. Dont expect it to last forever. Some do, many dont. Buy a u-turn lyrik if you want travel adjust and ability to abuse.

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 18:42 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
Talas is not meant to be ridden hard when lowered. Dont expect it to last forever. Some do, many dont. Buy a u-turn lyrik if you want travel adjust and ability to abuse.
Not saying your wrong, but why does it come with the lowered feature? I've run my 66 at it's lowest setting for a few months now, hard riding and its been fine.

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 18:47 Quote
suicidedownhiller wrote:
Any suggestions for bars, tires, stem, and seat? I don't know much about dirtjumping products. Weight doesn't matter a whole lot, strength comes first by far.

And fork options? 66, talas, pike, argyle? The bike is designed for 110-160mm
Bars = Sunline V-ONE OS BAR
Stem = Straitline Split Steerer Clamp
Tires = Maxxis Minion DHF 2.7 MAXXPRo
Seat = Selle Italia Troy lee Designs 'Spider'
Fork = 66 RC3/66ATA

if money isnt tight thats what i'd go for

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 18:51 Quote
morshutheshopkeep wrote:
Fork = 66 RC3/66ATA

Isn't that DH oriented though? And the spider seat won't work, I need a DJ seat for SSG and so on. I was actually thinking about using the minion DHFs 2.5 and sunline bars though

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 18:53 Quote
suicidedownhiller wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:
Not saying your wrong, but why does it come with the lowered feature? I've run my 66 at it's lowest setting for a few months now, hard riding and its been fine.

CLIMBING. Not for DJ or anything like that. 66 is a diferent system, not the same as fox.

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 18:54 Quote
suicidedownhiller wrote:
morshutheshopkeep wrote:
Fork = 66 RC3/66ATA

Isn't that DH oriented though? And the spider seat won't work, I need a DJ seat for SSG and so on. I was actually thinking about using the minion DHFs 2.5 and sunline bars though
with the minions the 2.7's feel like Kenda's 2.5's the 2.5 minions feel like 2.35 and so on, the Stem is more free ride, the bar is more DH...and the forks are good let me go fix that for you
Fork = 66 RC3/66ATA
Saddle = SDG F-Style
Treads = Maxxis Minion DHF 2.7 MAXXPRO
Bars = Truvativ Holzfeller DH-Highriser(dh bar, i run it and its strong as f*ck)

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 19:03 Quote
Oh ok. Yeah, Kenda's are pretty huge. How do the minions DHFs do for some street and some park. Probably a stupid question.

That sounds way better though, thanks!

Oh, I should say, I'll be doing dirtjumping, SS, 4X racing on the odd race weekends, freeride, and street. Maybe some park.

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 19:14 Quote
morshutheshopkeep wrote:
with the minions the 2.7's feel like Kenda's 2.5's the 2.5 minions feel like 2.35 and so on, Treads = Maxxis Minion DHF 2.7 MAXXPRO

What about something like kenda small block, intense micro knobbie or something similar?

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 19:18 Quote
Do your self a favor and don't get the Husselfelt cranks! They loosen VERY quickly.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010260
Mobile Version of Website