Posted: Jun 19, 2009 at 0:04 Quote
Mazekwon wrote:
that was an awesome post.
+1

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 at 1:10 Quote
madm3chanic wrote:
brettyg wrote:
Ok, here's the rundown.

Madmechanic here is a regular poster on another biking forum in which I frequent, where he has posted up several homemade frames; pictures, videos and updated each build quite often. He is legit.

On the other hand..

Legion Bikes is a supposedly brand new company, just starting their first year of business. They claim to already have complete builds close to being available to the public, yet haven't been able to produce a single legit picture of even one of their frames; hell, they are even still iffy on the names of these frames. How many other companies out there have produced so many parts and frames in their FIRST year of business?

Also, saying they are have strong ties with Atomlab? BULLSHIT. First year of business, complete builds running and a whole bunch of Legion Bikes branded parts. I'll say it again, BULLSHIT.

They stole the photos from madmechanic. This cannot be denied, ignored or labeled a lie. These pictures were stolen from madmechanic and used to falsely describe their shitty 'carbon steel' frames.

There is no excuse for stealing the property of another person. By using madmechanic's picture of his homebuilt frame to show potential buyers what their products 'might' resemble, is stealing. No two sides to it, this is theft.

The bottom line, Legion Bikes is scum, and quite possibly a scam. Anyone caught buying any Legion Bikes product should be shot squarely in the foot. The best way to turn buyers off your products is to break any trust between buyer and seller. Congratulations Legion Bikes, you've done this magnificently.

People will go to great lengths, such as designing a website, to scam people of their money. This is a prime example.

Legion, get f*cked.

hahahaha

your a cock to be quite honest...

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 at 1:13 Quote
How hard is it to grab a camera, take a few photos and post them up along your product description?

f*ck Legion, f*ck Pinkbike.

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 at 1:15 Quote
legionbikes wrote:
Good follow up:

from my email:

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Mike Flaherty info@atomlab.com> wrote:

Chris,

I just received an e-mail from someone who wanted to know if Legion Bikes was legit. I guess there is a thread on Pinkbike about the use of Atomlab photos on your site. I let the guy know that you and I have a relationship and that you have download access to some of our stock images. I personally don't have a problem with your use of Atomlab photos. I also understand that you're a new company and probably don't have a lot of your own photography yet. The problem starts when the people who come to your site know just enough to assume the worst. I don't want to see you or your company bad-mouthed because someone assumed that you are trying to mislead them.

Cheers,

Mike Flaherty, President
www.atomlab.com
26370 Diamond Place #505
Santa Clarita, CA 91350
(661) 284-2807

I was the one who e-mailed atomlab and I got this reply back:

Mike,

I really don't know that much about Legion Bikes. Chris contacted me a while back to get pricing so he could offer Atomlab parts with his frames. I liked where he was coming from and agreed to work with him. From what I can tell, Legion Bikes is Legit. As a customer, he has download access to some of our stock photos.

I haven't seen the photos that you are referring to, but I would guess that as a new company they are really short on photography. If they are using the photos as a simple design element, then there is nothing misleading about that. If he is claiming that the frames in the photos are his or that he is the sponsor of the riders in the photos, then that is a different story.

Chris seems like a nice guy and I know that he is pretty new to all this. I'm sure there is a simple explanation. I will check it out. If there is anything questionable about his use of photos I will talk to him.

Cheers,

Mike Flaherty, President
www.atomlab.com
26370 Diamond Place #505
Santa Clarita, CA 91350
(661) 284-2807

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 at 6:10 Quote
brettyg wrote:
How hard is it to grab a camera, take a few photos and post them up along your product description?

You is sore loser.

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 at 7:11 Quote
brettyg wrote:

still going hey...wow.
i think you need a hug

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 at 7:15 Quote
legionbikes wrote:
brettyg wrote:

still going hey...wow.
i think you need a hug

hahahaha loool awsome statment...

the world would be a better place with more hugs =]

edit....btw i was talking about legionbikes satement...

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 at 7:18 Quote
Are you guys seriously STILL going on this?

If the incessant swearing and such does not stop, a lock and bans will come.

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 at 7:19 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
Are you guys seriously STILL going on this?

If the incessant swearing and such does not stop, a lock and bans will come.
a lock might be a good idea at this point

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009990
Mobile Version of Website