Riding street and park w/gears

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Riding street and park w/gears
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 19:44 Quote
Just wondering how many people here ride street and park with gears?

In addition, have you encountered any negativity because of it? If so, describe what happened.

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 19:47 Quote
ya not a good idea beacause ul smash ur deraluir a shit load and ul always be buying a deraluir or a hanger just get a ss their nice for park/ street and never have to wory about smashing it even with a tentioner u never hit any thing and get a spring loaded tentioner and they very rarley brake

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 22:29 Quote
Dude just switch to single speed.
SOOO much more smoother, quiter, just feels soo much more nice

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 22:31 Quote
popp wrote:
ya not a good idea beacause ul smash ur deraluir a shit load and ul always be buying a deraluir or a hanger just get a ss their nice for park/ street and never have to wory about smashing it even with a tentioner u never hit any thing and get a spring loaded tentioner and they very rarley brake

What are you riding that you're smashing derailleurs?

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 22:34 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
popp wrote:

you dont need to ride with one to know...everybody knows!!!! he might not be riding something that does that because he know that ss is way better

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 22:54 Quote
mr-stuff wrote:
signorvince2 wrote:
popp wrote:

you dont need to ride with one to know...everybody knows!!!! he might not be riding something that does that because he know that ss is way better

If I'm not smashing derailleurs on trails, I'm sure as hell not gonna smash one at a park.

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 22:57 Quote
SelfMedicated wrote:
Just wondering how many people here ride street and park with gears?

In addition, have you encountered any negativity because of it? If so, describe what happened.

I have a buddy who just recently switched to SS over geared for street, see i always had a singlespeed ride but appernelty it has better control and the tension assists with pop and stuff.. i dunno...

I cant stand geared bikes for street. Its just useless.

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 23:03 Quote
popp wrote:
if you get a good derailler like a sram X-O
and your a smooth rider its fine...

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 11:46 Quote
I guess I'm just hesitant to switch to SS because I still want to ride trails with my bike. Not that I can't ride trails with a SS, but the gears make climbing a little easier.

And getting a second bike that I can have for a SS is out, can't afford it.Frown

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 10:18 Quote
i can't stand gears for street
i changed over to single speed a while ago and i love it
i still ride some cross country races with my dad.
only 15km on average but i still show a lot of those kids in lycra where it's at
they get annoyed when a kid on a singlespeed bike whizzes past them on there top of the range xc bikes

the reason i don't like gears is because i do waaaaayyy too many 180's
and every geared bike i've tried to fakie on has given me problems
and i do some big 180's, and i'm not sure if even the best gears could work for those...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013782
Mobile Version of Website