Old Schoolers-missing something?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Old Schoolers-missing something?
Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 9:04 Quote
calgaryrider wrote:
dh-pete wrote:
warrior1 wrote:
You guys didn't see the nudes she sent Dotca?

Wrong way round Wink

Correct, and therefore the answer is f*ck no! lol lol lol
Ijust saw the blur of orange...haven't been able to sleep since

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 9:08 Quote
chomers wrote:
jonlake wrote:
chomers wrote:
I have came to the conclusion that gears suck. I'm going back to single speed.

another deore derailer with a stick for a tensioner?

Haha, that didn't work to well now did it. I'm thinking I'm actully gunna get a real tensioner this time.

I've gone through like 3-4 derailers this summer, fed up with it, waste of money.

The only thing that I've broken enough to need a new one was my derailleur, it literally blew up going off a drop one time.
I was so pissed, dad was even more pissed (he payed the bill...)

I don't do stuff with my bike anymore except crosscountry ahha.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 9:28 Quote
I hate deraillers too... I have to tune mine at least once a month... and I break one at least once a season... and I can't just bring myself to buy a $100 derailler cause I'll just break it

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 9:31 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
I hate deraillers too... I have to tune mine at least once a month... and I break one at least once a season... and I can't just bring myself to buy a $100 derailler cause I'll just break it
I hate them too. but you need the little paper strengthed bastards...unleast untill that hammerschmidt comes out...and by the way, when is it supposed to be available and any price ranges???

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 9:43 Quote
b-o-x-x-e-r wrote:
gibson19 wrote:
I hate them too. but you need the little paper strengthed bastards...unleast untill that hammerschmidt comes out...and by the way, when is it supposed to be available and any price ranges???

Hamerschimdit only will get rid of the front derailer Rollof is what you looking for. pricing is around 800+ msrp for a full package

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 9:43 Quote
jonlake wrote:
b-o-x-x-e-r wrote:
gibson19 wrote:

Hamerschimdit only will get rid of the front derailer Rollof is what you looking for. pricing is around 800+ msrp for a full package
Rollof ?? link?

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 9:47 Quote
I guarantee, buy a Shimano Saint derallier, it won't die so easily, my friends got hit by a car, snapped the hanger and shattered his spokes, bent frame and a crushed cassette. The drivers insurance payed for the crash and he got compensation, but the derallier was the only thing that was hit and survived. Eek (this was the bulky old one, I don't know about the new one.)

The HammerSchmidt is MSRP for $800, so for me it's going to cost about £400-£450 depending on taxes.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 9:48 Quote
b-o-x-x-e-r wrote:
Rollof ?? link?

http://www.rohloff.de/en/products/speedhub/

Beware the heaviest overkill bastard there is.

Mod O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 9:51 Quote
Hey I have some bad news Smile
Can we start a old schoolers 2 thread please? There is a bug in our forum software that slows things down with threads that have many pages....you can see in this thread that if you jump to page 3473 it takes several seconds to load, vs. if you go to the early pages it's instant.

This effectively slows down other things in the forum.

This is a bug that we will fix in when we switch to the new software in the next month. ( yes, there's always new stuff in the works) For the nerds, this was an implementation call when the software was written, and it was not anticipated that threads would go to 3000 pages. It was handled differently in photos, where you can jump to page 40000 without problems.

So for now, can someone please lock the thread, and put a link to a new thread?

S O R R Y Salute

Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.028155
Mobile Version of Website