Getting bike grease off your hands/arms/legs/ect

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Getting bike grease off your hands/arms/legs/ect
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 19:09 Quote
So I've had grease on my arm for 2 days now, and after showering, scrubbing it with a hand cloth and hand soap, then a cloth with dish soap, and going swimming for 2 hours, its still there. Any tips on getting it off?

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 19:18 Quote
Get soap with a sand base in it.

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 19:22 Quote
You could try an equal mix of sand and detergent. Good, cheap and effective. If that fails you could also try a little petrol on an old rag and rub away.

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 19:24 Quote
We have this orange soap stuff that have these hard grains in it which scrape away dirt and grease..Its awesome ......Its called Fast Orange look it up.

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 19:36 Quote
HEY TED!

gasoline works well

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 19:41 Quote
use dishwashing soap.... or that gojo orange stuff

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 19:51 Quote
blkbabyeater wrote:

thats what we use in our shop. works pretty well, but i have yet to find somegthing that will get everything off.

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
My shop has some tan colour stuff, and we don't have a bristle brush to scrub with, and it still gets everything off no problem.

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 20:02 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
blkbabyeater wrote:

thats what we use in our shop. works pretty well, but i have yet to find somegthing that will get everything off.

latex, or nitro gloves keeps your hands pritty clean.

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 20:02 Quote
Borgschulze wrote:
My shop has some tan colour stuff, and we don't have a bristle brush to scrub with, and it still gets everything off no problem.

i need to get me some of that, it sucks only having handsoap at the shop it only gets some of the grease off my hands. it sucks going out for dinner or something after and my hands are still like black and other people are like wtf wash your hands or this guy is dirty lol

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 20:03 Quote
Yeah, I go out to dinner with dirty shop clothes sometimes Haha.

All my friends understand that I'm a tech, so they don't care.

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 20:06 Quote
blkbabyeater wrote:

Those are the 2 products that I use after working in the garage. Scouring pads come in handy too when washing up.

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 at 20:21 Quote
I agree with the fast orange, its all i use and it works amazing

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 6:25 Quote
kovacs2121 wrote:
gasoline works well
Its called petrol, but yes...right idea.

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 6:37 Quote
i use a thing called "Swarfega" its a grease removal thingy. you can buy it in any store really. you can get it in a form of a paste or a squirty soap

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009136
Mobile Version of Website