i've money to spend...Turner dhr? Commencal supreme dh? Intense socom?

PB Forum :: Downhill
i've money to spend...Turner dhr? Commencal supreme dh? Intense socom?
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 10:39 Quote
If your looking for a full on downhill bike, i wouldnt suggest the commencal. Reason beeing, its only got 7" of travel, compared to the other bikes sitting around 8". However, that beeing said, their is an enormous amount of technology in the supreme DH that makes up for that.

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 10:49 Quote
spoiledgoods wrote:
Reason beeing, its only got 7" of travel, compared to the other bikes sitting around 8".

It's not about the numbers, though, it's about how it's delivered. The supple mid range and progressive bottom out make it perform much better than something with 10" that just blows through the linear travel.

Head angle wise - it runs 66.5 stock but can go +/- 1 degree with the built in adjusters, dropping it to 65.5. Bear in mind that pushing forks 10mm through the crown will change the head angle by 0.5 degrees, it's all in the setup!

For UK riding, it's all about the corners and this is most definitely the one for me.

Here's mine before the last component rejig:
http://gravity-slaves.re-create-it.co.uk/images/commencal/side.jpg

Having done defending my choice, Angie, see what you can ride and failing that, see what you can get cheapest and spend the rest of the money on uplifts!

Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 2:15 Quote
Hi everyone just to let you all know.my commencal frame is on order..woohoo. cant wait to get it all built up. thanks for all your suggestions/advise.cheers guys!!

supreme dh frame,
boxxer teams
yellow mavic 823 rims/pro 2 hubs
tubeless swamp things
easton ea70 bars
thomson stem
saint cranks
e13 chain guide
easton flat boy pedals
i fly saddle

only thing im not sure about is whether to go for avid juicy 7's or hope m4 brakes??
anyone got any preferences?

Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 2:48 Quote
Sweet. You must be stoked! Get a pic of that sucker up when she's built.

And I'd go for the avids. They're cheap as chips at chain reaction right now.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 3:38 Quote
mrsbig wrote:
Hi everyone just to let you all know.my commencal frame is on order..woohoo. cant wait to get it all built up. thanks for all your suggestions/advise.cheers guys!!

supreme dh frame,
boxxer teams
yellow mavic 823 rims/pro 2 hubs
tubeless swamp things
easton ea70 bars
thomson stem
saint cranks
e13 chain guide
easton flat boy pedals
i fly saddle

only thing im not sure about is whether to go for avid juicy 7's or hope m4 brakes??
anyone got any preferences?

sweet build, good race bike there, as for the brakes, have a look at the formula oro, best brakes ive tried so far, plenty power and good modulation unlike the avid which can be very on-off. and hopes are just overcomplicated and break a lot.

Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 4:28 Quote
Good choice! I hope you like it - this is without a doubt the best DH race bike I've ridden (and I've ridden lots) and continues to keep me grinning.

If you need help getting the Saints to play with the e13, drop me a line. It's fun! Wink

Here's mine - 37.8lbs:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://gravity-slaves.re-create-it.co.uk/images/commencal/supreme_dh_small.jpg

Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 5:23 Quote
To the person who wrote this, I think the best we need to know is:
How much you weight, how tall are you, what's the highest you might jump or drop, how fast you think of going, what's your average speed compare to others and how often do you bike?
This can determine if you need a light bike, a heavyduty bike and such... we need to know more cause right now you just ask which bike is best and the only answer you'll get is from single minded bias people who owns one of the 3 brands or who have no clue on much except kona's and norco's...

Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 5:27 Quote
nevermind, just saw she bought a bike hehe

Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 10:50 Quote
ur bike looks gorgeous, i cant wait to get mine...

Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 11:09 Quote
i just boughta suspreme 6 you wont be dissapointed.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 18:08 Quote
formula one's are the best brakes ever (They are modeled One and branded formula) alothough they are a bit pricey. good luck with the frame and tell me how it rides please cuz im considerin one myself. good coponent choice too. if u are stuck and cant afford the formulas with extreme price build buy the juicy 7's

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 12:16 Quote
I would go with Turner DHR Smile

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 16:06 Quote
I raced V-10 and now I have Stab Supreme and what's shocking new 2008 Stab is much better bike for me (me!this is my personal preferense!) (I had V-10 2006 not the newest one) so please do not look at the sponsored racers as it is different story really.

I have little experienced with all of them and I would like to share it with you.

Commencial - really tested only in Austria but it felt really great. This is was the bike actually which broke my love to Santa Cruz V-10 and made me look for onother DH bike (finally Kona Stab Supreme 2008 Fabien Barel's edition). It is very good bike and somehow you do not feel 180 travel but more.

Turner (new), just great bike, geometry is really great for me the best choice from those 3. I was thinking about this one but got great deal from Kona.

Socom - never tested but my friend who is a pro racer broke one. It is really light dh machine so I say - you wanna Intense - get M6 unless you are sponsored and you do not care if it breaks.

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 16:10 Quote
this is was coca told me about the commencal

bigquotesThe Commencal on the other hand, is tons more nimble. It is so fun to ride. It doesn't drive through the rock gardens with as much ease, but once I learn how to use it...I'm sure I will be faster in the rocky, rooty, typical shore stuff with the Supreme DH. The bike corner's like nothing else I've ridden, you can throw it around for a 40lbs bike. The adjustable headangle and wheelbase are also a major bonus, especially where I ride.

thats why i am buying that bike

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009841
Mobile Version of Website