The lightest session 10 builders blog

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The lightest session 10 builders blog
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 11:32 Quote
fantaman wrote:
jinx wrote:
fantaman wrote:

I'd said Reverse dh race bars,the spank spike stem is ligther than the DM stem from TruvativWink .Also the spank stem is bling

Nuke proof warheads weighs 280g (lighter, 760 wide), Sunline dm stem (lighter).

Reverse Dh race bar 250g and spike stem 150g

Eek That's light!

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 11:38 Quote
reverse dh race bar.. point1 racing direct mount stem

zing

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 12:01 Quote
those dm stems are ligth to bad i already orded the spike stem,but 150g isn't bad or is it

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 12:07 Quote
fantaman wrote:
those dm stems are ligth to bad i already orded the spike stem,but 150g isn't bad or is it
you'd save 14g with the sunline DM... not earth shattering in comparison to the spike.

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 12:11 Quote
Considering a Point1 Split Second DM ltd ed. is 113g including bolts. Yes, the Spank stem is heavy. And of course, the Spank stem isn't even as light as the many other conventional style stems.

I can see a Makalaster style build log happening...

But, I'll stay open minded and see how this unfolds. I suggest if you want to do this right, open each decision of yours for discussion before ordering the part.

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 12:15 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
I can see a Makalaster style build log happening...

he was the most frustrating user on here

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 12:16 Quote
ea monkey light DH bar and a point 1 DM stem

Ryan

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 12:23 Quote
If your wanting a racer light session 10 and start ordering parts like the spank spike your heading in the wrong direction. This is a build I think you should, as pete said, confirm with others in your log if it's the right part in terms of weight.

You can sit and say its only 40g of a difference from a point 1 but that's just one parts by the time your saying its only 40g for another 10 parts your looking at a couple of pounds of weight that could have been saved.

Counteract your Spank stem purchase with an Easton Monkeylite Carbon DH bar

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 12:29 Quote
i know it's my first time doing such a build and i may be new into this weigth weenie stuff.Ok i don't know if the order off the spank is going 100% as planned but i could cancel it and go for Point one stem but the limeted edition is shocking expensive but 113gr is sick.

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 12:32 Quote
Straitline is only 135g

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 12:34 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
Straitline is only 135g

its also straitline, and heavier then the point one, but thanks for playing

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 12:35 Quote
stryke wrote:

I liked his style, the only thing that frustrated me was the dissapointment of not seeing him follow through with his proposed build.

Anyway... Whoever said to get Monkeylight DH bars. I'll assume you meant the carbon ones? If so, they're too heavy for a 'real' weight weenie build. Both the Controltech House DH carbon bar and the FSA Gravity Carbon (25mm rise) are hovering around the 200g mark. Every gram adds up...

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 12:36 Quote
stryke wrote:
signorvince2 wrote:
Straitline is only 135g

its also straitline, and heavier then the point one, but thanks for playing

Excuse me? I was guessing it would be considerably cheaper than the Point One. Which is why I said it. I realize it is heavier.

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 12:37 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
stryke wrote:

I liked his style, the only thing that frustrated me was the dissapointment of not seeing him follow through with his proposed build.

i think the fact the dhr was delayed till 2010 probably thew it off a bit.. but anytime you tried to talk about another product (xtr brakes for dh, really man? really?) what would be better for a 'dh' brake he just shut you out because he wants to be right and not change anything. i swear the build was on paper and he just wanted to get some love

ugh

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 12:38 Quote
im not a fan off carbon bars and Ti is to expensive like the nukeproof warhead.I just ride with alloy bars amd reverse race bars are ok.My frame also gets a Full Ti hardware kit to drop the frame weigth after this season.Im also gonna order a alloy 12 x 150mm rear axle

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010583
Mobile Version of Website