Biceps!

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 12:40 Quote
kqmtb2006 wrote:
Well for me I like to get down to business carrying logs, chopping wood and pulling a sleigh all in some frozen part of Russia

ok there rocky,

what you got to do is keep your muscles confuzed

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 19:46 Quote
super sets that double up on the guns.
do some arm curls followed right away with under-grasp chins. the bis will be pre-fatigued and forced to work harder.

bar bell curls followed by alternate hummer curls.
over hand reverse b/ball curls and alternate d/bell curls

for further confusion with out changing the exercises you do re-arrange the order so the pump and fatigue in the muscle is different for a given exercise.

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 13:57 Quote
Ilovelife wrote:
Get a punching bag and beat the shit out of it.
Lol youll just get skinnier and skinnier until you die unless you eat alot, it doesnt build muscle because its too many repitions, it just defines and increases endurance.

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 13:59 Quote
alexjsy wrote:
pull-ups, just loads and loads of pull-ups, it'll target other muscle groups as well and can be done on anything pull-upbarlikeSmile
As long as you eat shit loads. lol i dont think many people have mentioned it but youve gotta eat alot. fish, meat, tomatoes, nuts blah blah blah

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 14:03 Quote
why do you want to build up the biceps anyway, its a posers muscle. you should work on the deltoids, pecs, abs ect. theyre actally important and will make you stronger all over rather than in one specific way

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 14:33 Quote
Im sure its been said before, drink milk and eat yams. Do what ever you got to do to get alot of calcium and confuse your arms. Ex: Lift weights for a couple of minutes then do pull ups right after.

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 17:47 Quote
I didn't read through this whole thread, so don't bitch at me if I re-mention something.

One exercise I do when I workout, is called 21 - You'll need a curling bar. What you do is curl to 90 degrees (a little above your belly button) for 7 reps, then move up to 90 degrees, then curl the full way, but only come back down to your midsection (90 degrees) for another 7 reps, then go all the way down and come all the way back up for another 7 reps. I didn't explain this very well so heres a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2nANcY-oMs

When curling its extremely important to only curl weight that won't strain other muscles. When your biceps can't match up to the weight you're trying to curl your back muscles start to kick in to help you curl. Don't throw your back out trying to curl a stupid amount of weight. Do things properly, and remember keep your form perfect. Also, (this has probably already been said) don't just work one muscle... if you just want big arms go for it, but atleast work your triceps aswell. Muscle groups are important.

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 17:58 Quote
Buy something called the Power Gym. I'm sure everyone has seen them on TV before. If not look them up, best workout tool I've ever used. Builds your back, shoulders and biceps really fast!

To top it off they're cheap $30 to $50 and they come with a P90x DVD to show you how to use it, and different types of workouts.

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 21:21 Quote
kanadiankid wrote:
play football for 4 years then you can look like me *****jack show******:P
he is trying to gain muscle not lose it Wink

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 1:04 Quote
DH Racing has suprisingly built up my muscles a fair bit, but when I'm at home, I usually do push ups, bicep curls and I also do weights (15kg with right arm, 12kg with left). And it works really well.

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 at 10:12 Quote
ok so what do i need to do to increase and improve my neck and shoulder muscle?

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 at 12:25 Quote
laurencethorpe wrote:

Working the neck directly is quite difficult, but most compound exercises (bench, deadlift, squat) will hit the neck quite hard.

The shoulder consists of more than one muscle. Shoulders respond well to overhead press variations, horizontal pushing (bench/incline benchpress). Olympic style lifts are excellent (cleans and snatchs), but much harder to perform (however teaching yourself is possible).

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 at 13:06 Quote
raak wrote:
laurencethorpe wrote:

Working the neck directly is quite difficult, but most compound exercises (bench, deadlift, squat) will hit the neck quite hard.

The shoulder consists of more than one muscle. Shoulders respond well to overhead press variations, horizontal pushing (bench/incline benchpress). Olympic style lifts are excellent (cleans and snatchs), but much harder to perform (however teaching yourself is possible).

ok cheers man ill have ago at some stuff then

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 at 13:35 Quote
laurencethorpe wrote:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/shoulder.htm

His stuff's pretty good

Posted: Aug 27, 2010 at 0:16 Quote
tomwtom92 wrote:
laurencethorpe wrote:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/shoulder.htm

His stuff's pretty good

That guy has a great physique, and I think his advice is quite good. But he is a bodybuilder and trains as one. For instance, he suggests doing overhead presses seated, to maximise the isolated stress on the shoulders (sitting so you cannot use your legs) - but this exercise can put stress on the lower back. Doing them standing takes the stress from the lower back. Anyway, the main point is that the body is designed to be used as a whole, and using it in such a way is the healthiest, safest way to lift weights (in my opinion).

Again, olympic style lifts are a great use of weights to train for raw power, flexibility and speed.

The power clean is one of my favorites. It trains every muscle, but does require some mastering. You must start light and get the technique. You don't see many people doing these lifts because most people cannot do them.

A canadian bobsled athlete training the power clean with good tecnique:

As you can see, this guy is not 'big' in bodybuilding terms, yet he is STRONG and is developing power that he can use in his sport, not showy muscles. This is, in my mind, effective training.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021244
Mobile Version of Website