Post Your SingleSpeed Machines!

PB Forum :: 29ers
Post Your SingleSpeed Machines!
Posted: May 24, 2016 at 12:11 Quote
Hahaha, I have changed my mind. The Capital did not suit my needs, as I first thought it would. I mean, if I were a sk8park guy or racing guy all the time it would of.

Now, I'm into the PK Big Ripper. This bike is IT! I have cruised the hood, went to the sk8park and I'm loving this machine.

Single Speed all the day long!!!!

New Big Ripper w Bucket Bars 1

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 10:52 Quote
I wish they made the Big Ripper with a tapered headtube so I could run one with a Pike DJ.

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 12:59 Quote
seraph wrote:
I wish they made the Big Ripper with a tapered headtube so I could run one with a Pike DJ.

Surely there is another fork you could run. I think this bike would be pretty cool with a suspension fork, but personally I prefer the rigid life. My other bike has suspension.

Posted: May 26, 2016 at 19:18 Quote
bikeman543 wrote:
seraph wrote:

Surely there is another fork you could run. I think this bike would be pretty cool with a suspension fork, but personally I prefer the rigid life. My other bike has suspension.

Yeah there are other forks. I could run a Fox 36 831, I think it's still offered with a straight steer tube.

Posted: May 27, 2016 at 6:07 Quote
seraph wrote:
bikeman543 wrote:
seraph wrote:

Yeah there are other forks. I could run a Fox 36 831, I think it's still offered with a straight steer tube.
I think it would be cool to have suspension on this bike, as long as it didn't jack the front end up any higher.

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2020 at 6:24 Quote
7th Anniversary
Thread revival with my On-One Scandal

O+
Posted: May 1, 2020 at 21:20 Quote
Willis24 wrote:
7th Anniversary
Thread revival with my On-One Scandal

That rig is a beaut! Hellya, it must rip!

Haven't ridden my SS for a year or so but recently got motivated when I stole the chainring off it for another rig. Found a bigger one and thought i'd give it a go. Riding 32 - 22 now. I was a bit worried as the least climbing you do in my neck of the woods is 1000 feet in a 1 hour ride. Seems OK, made it up everything. Gonna steal some cush core out of one of my other bikes for it next.

Surly Karate Monkey Only the necessities....

O+
Posted: May 2, 2020 at 15:17 Quote
That Surly color is nice too! I think my SS will get more miles than any of my bike this year. When I ride it instead of the full squish, the bike is 12 lbs less and rockets up hills.

O+
Posted: May 2, 2020 at 21:30 Quote
It's crazy how efficient they are climbing. Even when I lock out my fork on my hardtail - it doesn't feel nearly as efficient. I wonder how much the perfect canine contributes?

In any case, just put some cushcore in today - can't wait to take it back out on the trails.

Posted: Jun 24, 2020 at 1:24 Quote
I'm building a singlespeed 29er hardtail under £250 at the moment. I have a Marin Bobcat Trail frame, an older Rockshox Reba, DT Swiss rims front and rear and Shimano SLX brakes at the moment.

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 at 22:11 Quote
Modified my old Surly.
Now it's a single speed gravel rig - using it mostly for road rides and a little gravel here or there.
Running 42cc tires with 36x16 - seems to be the perfect gear for roads. Would be tall for me on some of the steeper gravel climbs around here.
photo

photo

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 9:34 Quote
Here is the latest build that I've been rocking on the street (against better judgement). Singlespeed with rear brake currently... until I get a rear track disc to run fixed. Just recently obtained the front disc wheel, which is incredibly fast but obviously can be a sail if the wind picks up. Drop bars coming soon.

photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 17:33 Quote
Philitup wrote:
Here is the latest build that I've been rocking on the street (against better judgement). Singlespeed with rear brake currently... until I get a rear track disc to run fixed. Just recently obtained the front disc wheel, which is incredibly fast but obviously can be a sail if the wind picks up. Drop bars coming soon.

photo
photo
photo

I love this ^

Would love to try that on a track! You have any intention to take it to a velodrome?

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 19:59 Quote
rahrider wrote:
Philitup wrote:
photo

I love this ^

Would love to try that on a track! You have any intention to take it to a velodrome?

Thanks! I would honestly love to try it on a velodrome, but there aren't any indoor ones remotely near me... maybe not even in my state. The closest outdoor one is over an hour away, and appears to be low quality and in poor condition. Guess I'll have to try and get to one when I go on vacation.

This is why all of my bikes end up being abused on the streets lol

Posted: Nov 16, 2020 at 19:05 Quote
photo

2012 Trek Marlin SS
2017 Sid fork
Hope Tech Evo/X2 brakes
180mm FSA cranks w/34 T oval ring
19t Surly rear
Hope Pro2 SS hubs - Stans arch rear rim/halo front
29x2.4 Ardents
Thomson Stem/Spank bars

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021587
Mobile Version of Website