Best All Mountain Bike ?

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2011 at 4:43 Quote
I have been riding maestro and fsr suspension side by side the last few years and still cant decide which one I prefer. The maestro seems like it keeps the rear tire planted to the trail much better but the fsr is definately more responsive and a faster ride. Both soak up the trail well so its best to have both if you can, I love em both equally and cannot say one is better then the other, it depends on your riding style.

Posted: Oct 19, 2011 at 9:43 Quote
philctbiker wrote:
I have been riding maestro and fsr suspension side by side the last few years and still cant decide which one I prefer. The maestro seems like it keeps the rear tire planted to the trail much better but the fsr is definately more responsive and a faster ride. Both soak up the trail well so its best to have both if you can, I love em both equally and cannot say one is better then the other, it depends on your riding style.
which one is better up hiller?fsr or maestro?

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2011 at 12:13 Quote
kaveh wrote:
philctbiker wrote:
which one is better up hiller?fsr or maestro?
Its tough to say, the maestro holds the ground better but the fsr is more rigid, My fsr goes up way better because we are talking about a 31 lb enduro sl vs a 34.5 giant reign x1 so in my case the fsr goes up better, the both bikes I just mentioned decend equally as well with pretty much the same geometry. It all depends on the type of shock you are running.

Posted: Nov 13, 2012 at 15:31 Quote
Among all the bike listed, I would like to know the following as it might help a lot of people's make their decision:

How long is the warranty?
Is the warranty transferable for second hand market?
How is the crash replacement service?
Will only the front or rear triangle be replaced or will you have to buy the all frame?
Is the crash replacement affordable?

Some company have crazy expensive crash replacement prices which is ridiculous when you spend a couple of Gs on a frame. I know I would sacrifice a LITTLE bit of speed or plushness but have peace of mind riding and not constantly thinking about not crashing. Hell, I do crash and I do not want to have to worry about my bike before my own welfare anymore.

Posted: Nov 14, 2012 at 4:01 Quote
The warranties are generally not transferable and they mostly only cover manufacturing defects. The average warranty is usually 1 year, some companies offer more. Not all of them have crash replacement programs and as you said some that do sometimes sell them at a very steep price.
I checked for a rear triangle on mine and it was like 350$ for all the pieces. Cant complain.

If you're always going to have crashing in mind while you ride, you might as well buy used or just pick a less expensive sport. I don't want to sound harsh but if you can't afford a bad luck in a sport where bad lucks are common, you're not going to enjoy riding much.

Posted: Nov 14, 2012 at 13:15 Quote
PLC07 wrote:
The warranties are generally not transferable and they mostly only cover manufacturing defects. The average warranty is usually 1 year, some companies offer more. Not all of them have crash replacement programs and as you said some that do sometimes sell them at a very steep price.
I checked for a rear triangle on mine and it was like 350$ for all the pieces. Cant complain.

If you're always going to have crashing in mind while you ride, you might as well buy used or just pick a less expensive sport. I don't want to sound harsh but if you can't afford a bad luck in a sport where bad lucks are common, you're not going to enjoy riding much.

Which manufacturer was that? I'm very interested.
I'm personally thinking about getting a mojo hd because of the affordable crash replacement and excellent customer service.

Posted: Nov 15, 2012 at 3:26 Quote
That's on my alu devinci dixon.

Bent/twisted a chainstay a little so I called my lbs and asked how much it would be to get a whole rear triangle.

I ended up keeping it like that. It's minor and it doesn't interfere with the rear travel's path. Anyway with my luck, I'll crash in sharp rocks the second I swap the parts...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039414
Mobile Version of Website