Brakeless trials

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Brakeless trials
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 6:44 Quote
just finished the first of our videos, done by aaron dobler and me, sean watson. enjoy!

Views: 14,336    Faves: 109    Comments: 41

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 9:58 Quote
nice edit Sean! Calgary lines looked like fun

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 11:12 Quote
Is it on YouTube at all? I'm on my itouch and can't view pinkbike videos

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 13:15 Quote
insane Eek insaneEek insaneEek
i could never have that kind of control even with brakes!
you two both are setting some grounndbreaking levels here

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 22:15 Quote
Beautiful vid Sean. Turned out great. tup

There is probably enough clips to make another vid still. lol

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 6:36 Quote
yup! but i need an external drive, just thought i would get something out there.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 11:10 Quote
While I can respect the amazing discipline it takes to ride like this with no brakes, I'm at the same time saddened to see the bmx brakeless trend coming to trials riding. Trials has always been about loud, beautiful, powerful brakes... I know you'll consider closed-minded for saying this, but please don't follow the trend. And yes, I know you'll say "o, it's not a trend, it's a new standard". Sorry, I'm not a fan.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 11:16 Quote
trm214 wrote:
While I can respect the amazing discipline it takes to ride like this with no brakes, I'm at the same time saddened to see the bmx brakeless trend coming to trials riding. Trials has always been about loud, beautiful, powerful brakes... I know you'll consider closed-minded for saying this, but please don't follow the trend. And yes, I know you'll say "o, it's not a trend, it's a new standard". Sorry, I'm not a fan.
so saying that should we all add about 10 pounds to our bike too? Don't want to be following the bmx weight wennie trend too, or maybe just go back to croscountry bikes for trials too. Basicly what I'm trying to get at is progression makes life fun and just because they don't use brakes doesn't mean trials well become extinct.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 11:32 Quote
yeah brakeless is fun. besides i was brakeless before any of the other videos came out. i just ride how i like.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 11:38 Quote
Lower weight is a common goal shared by all bikers. I'm not sure it's a good comparison here. On the other hand brakeless riding is becoming a trend that ties into the lower weight goal. And yes, good for progression, I'm just not a fan.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
Why post that first one trm? Leave the personal opinions to your self if you're going to tell guys how they're supposed to ride according to you.

Posted: Jun 17, 2009 at 9:48 Quote
chronic-poker wrote:
Why post that first one trm? Leave the personal opinions to your self if you're going to tell guys how they're supposed to ride according to you.

I am merely giving feedback.

Posted: Jun 17, 2009 at 10:43 Quote
Nice work guys! Glad I could see some of the riding first hand when you guys were in Calgary. My only suggestion would be to mix in some tripod shots without the fish eye and maybe a regular wide angle lens.

Is brakeless a new trand? I don't think so. It's just never had as much attention or specific videos before. Any dedicated trials rider has ridden with a broken brake instead of quitting for the day, or brakeless to improve speed and efficiency (can you say CPTA?).

Posted: Jun 17, 2009 at 11:33 Quote
Alright, and feedbacks good.
Its just when you made it sound like you're telling them to stop riding because you dont like it, that becomes more than just an opinion. Thats all.

Anyway, great video sean.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014052
Mobile Version of Website