The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Mar 13, 2014 at 22:49 Quote
Looooooved it. I wouldn't call it a park or a street bike whatsoever though. It was really fun on a dirt pack, but let me down at the park. Bare in mind that's mostly the fork's fault. The lowest it saw was a 110mm Rev, still pretty jacked.

Thing was very fun in the air, and gotta say, one of the most overlooked alloy hardtails. Think they look really good. That year of STP is without a doubt hotter in my eyes than the same year's P.3, and that's a tall claim.

Really can't think of a downside. I built mine as a DH bike originally, then tossed my 36 on it and used it as my everything bike.

new stem more DJ

and a spot of gnarly;

photo

As an everything hardtail? Do it up. As a street/park/dirt bike? Look elsewhere, suggesting a Deity Crypt.

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 6:39 Quote
On the topic I almost have hop 3's. Just have to hike my legs up and not tap them.

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 7:05 Quote
Hop 3's are a pain. Need to practice more to get them back!

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 7:27 Quote
Been getting mine good recently but gone otb a few times trying to get some dipped steeze on them lol

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 7:35 Quote
lol I did that once then I started tapping them Madder

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 7:37 Quote
I finally figured them out last year goofing around I could always 3 but just barely tapped at the end so I just tucked the rear end and BAM flat 360. I didn't practice enough I got hurt again right after so they were inconsistant.

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 7:51 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
recklessness wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:
And also for others, my name is Pierre-Luc, not Pierre or Luc, I actually don't mind at all I just thought it was pretty funny hahhaa. Smile
I'm not typing 2 names and a hyphen, but I'll give you a choice; would you rather me call you Pierre or Dude?
I really don't mind, Rovert..
I have decided on P-Luc. If you don't like it, too bad! Hhahahah.

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 11:49 Quote
recklessness wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:
recklessness wrote:

I'm not typing 2 names and a hyphen, but I'll give you a choice; would you rather me call you Pierre or Dude?
That's perfect haha!

On the topic of 360s, I can flat 3 any bmx but I can't flat 3 my Maj, don't stress it out, if you can 3 drop and 3 on jumps its all you need. Unless you wanna 3 over things..

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 11:50 Quote
Yeah I have never been able to consistently hop 3 any of my bikes. Been able to do them here and there for about five years, and when they work out they look good, but for whatever reason it just doesn't happen consistently.

Mr. guancho-libre has the nicest hop threes i have ever seen on big wheels though, bar none. Watching him 3 into a bank is like poetry.

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 11:51 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
recklessness wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:
That's perfect haha!
Good compromising!

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 11:55 Quote
f*ck hop 3's seriously. Sometimes they come round all sweet, two wheels and nosed in. Other times they're back heavy and horrible. Quite possibly the only trick I find easier on bmx.

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 12:10 Quote
Can't do flat 3's to save my life, can pivot 720 front and rear if I have the speed and flow at the time, personally after having a good few years on a bmx and having moved to 26" because convenience at the time was the way decision I ever made, just couldn't get on with a bmx like I do the Babah

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 12:52 Quote
I like 3'ing, seems like you guys don't really like them Very confused
I also nearly got bars flat in my friend's garage on hix bimmex tup

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 12:55 Quote
Anybody here know the technique for hop whips? Can't seem to wrap my head around it...

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 13:11 Quote
jordangraves wrote:
Anybody here know the technique for hop whips? Can't seem to wrap my head around it...
As your hoping kick your frame around with your back foot very hard but at the same time your going to want to pull the bars towards you and then make them do a big rotation like your trying to stir soup with your stem. Try to get them on scooters and you'll learn the form for it. It honestly works. I dont care if you hate scooters it helps alot

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.051496
Mobile Version of Website