The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 12:55 Quote
Anybody here know the technique for hop whips? Can't seem to wrap my head around it...

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 13:11 Quote
jordangraves wrote:
Anybody here know the technique for hop whips? Can't seem to wrap my head around it...
As your hoping kick your frame around with your back foot very hard but at the same time your going to want to pull the bars towards you and then make them do a big rotation like your trying to stir soup with your stem. Try to get them on scooters and you'll learn the form for it. It honestly works. I dont care if you hate scooters it helps alot

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 14:07 Quote
Any tips on fakies and generally cycling backwards? I made loads of progress yesterday but I still am quite hit and miss in the cycling backwards part, I often put my foot down at the point where I need to hop/start pedalling forwards, and I cannot hop at all when im going backwards so it's hard to get back round.

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 14:09 Quote
Hop 3s are my nemesis. Have them ok on bmx, on mtb they just dont feel the same. out of a bank I dip them in and get them every time, just on flat I cant get them.

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 14:11 Quote
I've got a bit of a janky technique for whips, but it works for me. Kick it, and if you're kicking with your right foot, drag the bars up and to the right a bit, then when it's about half way yank them down really hard, the bike will normally land first, then I just spot my pedals and land on. Wouldn't work well at speed or over a jump, but it's worked for me so far doing them out of banks and shit.

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 14:12 Quote
Love hop 3's took forever to learn but well worth it, I can do them on 26 but for sure easier on my 24.

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 21:52 Quote
i was slightly over rotating hop 3's at first go on the capital lol then i landed front heavy and did the OTB /half kill my wrists thing and didnt try them till i got my sweeper.

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 23:13 Quote
jordangraves wrote:
jump to the bike instead of it coming to you makes life alot easier

Posted: Mar 15, 2014 at 11:54 Quote
I'm sure some of you madc*ntz will enjoy this

Posted: Mar 15, 2014 at 14:42 Quote
Is that a new way to hit on chicks? If so, did it work? Razz

Posted: Mar 15, 2014 at 14:46 Quote
She's a good friend of mine and our relationship is a bit rough around the edges lol but the deal was that she'd let me slap dat ass

Posted: Mar 15, 2014 at 15:39 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
i was slightly over rotating hop 3's at first go on the capital lol then i landed front heavy and did the OTB /half kill my wrists thing and didnt try them till i got my sweeper.
Last time i over rotated a hop 3 lol
Snapped clean yo

Posted: Mar 15, 2014 at 17:18 Quote
Hey guys, I'm gonna be investing in some knee pads for street/light dj, they have to fit under jeans but still give decent protection, any ideas?

Posted: Mar 15, 2014 at 17:21 Quote
Bikeman403 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm gonna be investing in some knee pads for street/light dj, they have to fit under jeans but still give decent protection, any ideas?
Troy lee kg5400. They're so nice. Great protection and super comfy and breathable

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028865
Mobile Version of Website