The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 10:59 Quote
skinna wrote:
ryanme wrote:
jamieridesbikes wrote:

A week or two ago dartmoors facebook page shared one of his edits and was saying how awesome his spot was

if he rides for dartmoor he will die, he will snap those frames quicker than he can throw a bar
the frame is a hell of alot stronger than you think the 26 player is the stiffest strongest frame ive ever ridden
wut lol Im not lol'ing at what you said just the fact that you have said that after only having the frame for a bit now.

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 11:08 Quote
Mrkomodo wrote:
skinna wrote:
ryanme wrote:

if he rides for dartmoor he will die, he will snap those frames quicker than he can throw a bar
the frame is a hell of alot stronger than you think the 26 player is the stiffest strongest frame ive ever ridden
wut lol Im not lol'ing at what you said just the fact that you have said that after only having the frame for a bit now.

dartmoors are made of cheese, and as soon as you ride something different you will realise this, my deity feels so so solid compared to my old quinnie, i know tonnes of people who have cracked codys and 26players.

go and buy a deity, or something similar and you will realise how cheese the dartmoors feel like

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 11:15 Quote
ryanme wrote:
Mrkomodo wrote:
skinna wrote:

dartmoors are made of cheese, and as soon as you ride something different you will realise this, my deity feels so so solid compared to my old quinnie, i know tonnes of people who have cracked codys and 26players.

go and buy a deity, or something similar and you will realise how cheese the dartmoors feel like
i went from NS to dartmoor and it has been the best decission ive done in my life so far. Dartmoor feels soooo much better than NS and Beddo, beddo which by the way suck donkeyballs in every parts they do.. Got bars, cranks and seat from then not so long ago. But only ordered cranks and bars at first. But first package was bars and seat, so i told him he sent me wrong (Marius). Then he sent me the cranks, then he kind of forced me to pay the seat (wut? why do i have to pay that shit if he did the misstake?) what evs. i got the seat 50% off, put it on my bike, thought it looked like shit so im using my old one now. Also the crankbolts come loose after every 1-2h riding. Yes i have lock-tight on them. And the sprocket hole in the crank is drilled so that my bolt only pinches at one small spot, which makes it coming loose at all times. Also there are play between the splines even if i tighten for all im worth. (if i lay my bike upside down and push my cranks downwards, then rotate them 180 degrees, which is half turn, and then push again, you feel the cranks moving) and my bars are already bent.. Beddo shit..

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 11:23 Quote
ryanme wrote:
Mrkomodo wrote:
skinna wrote:

He actually left deity for dartmoor. It's possible that his frame is stiffer (its aluminium)

But how do you know it's stronger if it's only been through a few weeks of riding. I'm pretty sure you've had frames that lasted a longer than a month.

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 11:28 Quote
Mrkomodo wrote:
ryanme wrote:
Mrkomodo wrote:

He actually left deity for dartmoor. It's possible that his frame is stiffer (its aluminium)

But how do you know it's stronger if it's only been through a few weeks of riding. I'm pretty sure you've had frames that lasted a longer than a month.

okay literally none of that makes sense,

I didnt say the deity ws stiffer, i said it felt stiffer, difference.

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 11:37 Quote
The second part of my post was directed towards skinna

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 16:31 Quote
niklas96p wrote:
ryanme wrote:
Mrkomodo wrote:

i went from NS to dartmoor and it has been the best decission ive done in my life so far. Dartmoor feels soooo much better than NS and Beddo, beddo which by the way suck donkeyballs in every parts they do.. Got bars, cranks and seat from then not so long ago. But only ordered cranks and bars at first. But first package was bars and seat, so i told him he sent me wrong (Marius). Then he sent me the cranks, then he kind of forced me to pay the seat (wut? why do i have to pay that shit if he did the misstake?) what evs. i got the seat 50% off, put it on my bike, thought it looked like shit so im using my old one now. Also the crankbolts come loose after every 1-2h riding. Yes i have lock-tight on them. And the sprocket hole in the crank is drilled so that my bolt only pinches at one small spot, which makes it coming loose at all times. Also there are play between the splines even if i tighten for all im worth. (if i lay my bike upside down and push my cranks downwards, then rotate them 180 degrees, which is half turn, and then push again, you feel the cranks moving) and my bars are already bent.. Beddo shit..
My friend's had two pretty much full Beddo setups and I can say, that you're wrong. His bike's feel super dialed, frame's have a nice geo, from what I know he's not any major problems with any of his Beddo stuff.

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 17:19 Quote
Kieran-Young wrote:
niklas96p wrote:
ryanme wrote:

My friend's had two pretty much full Beddo setups and I can say, that you're wrong. His bike's feel super dialed, frame's have a nice geo, from what I know he's not any major problems with any of his Beddo stuff.

He's not "wrong" is he... You've just had two very different experiences with the same company...

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 20:07 Quote
doesnt matter how high end your components are. if they arent set up properly, they arent going to work properly. cranks seem to be a big problem for the majority of people who do it themselves. sounds like they werent spaced properly. it happens a lot and people complain why cranks come loose, BB's dont spin, BB's get crushed etc

even the most shit bmx cranks, if set up properly, will work decently well

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 22:13 Quote
this^^ so many locals dont bother with centre spacers and they blow out BB's in a matter of months, where ive been running the same spanish BB, since i got my new cranks. i also have 85% spindle engagement on each arm.

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 23:31 Quote
I see the same thing with wheels, they run poor spoke tension or cannot lace a wheel properly and complain that their rims are weak, well, any rims weak if the spokes need 2 more full turns to be tight.

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 2:10 Quote
Lol, so youre telling me i do not know how to install cranks properly Facepalm ive been working to and from at one of my lbs, ive learnt pretty much everything except making fork services.. Which i still have a little clue of how to do, but rather get someone who knows how to do it properly. But cranks and BB's, jesus boys, i do know how to set up cranks. Also the beddo crankspindle is super long (made to for External BB) so i had to space them out alot due to that. I find my mankind justice cranks extremely awesome, sucks they died after 3 years... But MTB cranks are my next purchase, and 31.8mm low rise bars!

Now awaiting more hate Salute

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 2:42 Quote
niklas mate.

Can you teach me to speak Swedish?

Please? I want to move to your country Blank Stare

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 2:53 Quote
LondonCowan wrote:
even the most shit bmx cranks, if set up properly, will work decently well

I just sold my 8 spline cranks that cost me $80, they were faultless. The problem is that mis-information spreads like a virus, it's like Chinese whispers. If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't have learnt some extremely important things that are going to be vital for the longevity of my parts

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 3:33 Quote
tom666 wrote:
niklas mate.

Can you teach me to speak Swedish?

Please? I want to move to your country Blank Stare
hahaha sure thing! tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027083
Mobile Version of Website