The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 22:08 Quote
ryanme wrote:
Mrkomodo wrote:
skinna wrote:
the frame is a hell of alot stronger than you think the 26 player is the stiffest strongest frame ive ever ridden
wut lol Im not lol'ing at what you said just the fact that you have said that after only having the frame for a bit now.

dartmoors are made of cheese, and as soon as you ride something different you will realise this, my deity feels so so solid compared to my old quinnie, i know tonnes of people who have cracked codys and 26players.

go and buy a deity, or something similar and you will realise how cheese the dartmoors feel like
ive owned both of the deity frames and i much prefer the feel of the dartmoor i never believed i would enjoy an aluminium frame but its amazing and yes i dont know if it is stronger but ive seen what nick clarke puts his through and i have alot of faith in it

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 5:00 Quote
skinna wrote:
ryanme wrote:
Mrkomodo wrote:
wut lol Im not lol'ing at what you said just the fact that you have said that after only having the frame for a bit now.

dartmoors are made of cheese, and as soon as you ride something different you will realise this, my deity feels so so solid compared to my old quinnie, i know tonnes of people who have cracked codys and 26players.

go and buy a deity, or something similar and you will realise how cheese the dartmoors feel like
ive owned both of the deity frames and i much prefer the feel of the dartmoor i never believed i would enjoy an aluminium frame but its amazing and yes i dont know if it is stronger but ive seen what nick clarke puts his through and i have alot of faith in it

True, don't forget that the DM Players have been improved. Yes the old versions used to have some issues snapping underneath the headtubes, but the new ones are super strong.

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 7:25 Quote
Nobble wrote:
jespinal wrote:
I've been tryig to do manuel x-ups for ages and my armes can't go tangled like that I feel like I will dislocate my shoulder again lol
do them on a flyout and get up over the bars more before you throw it.
jesus christ f*ck x ups with a disclocated shoulder Frown

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 7:26 Quote
Mattin wrote:
skinna wrote:
ryanme wrote:

True, don't forget that the DM Players have been improved. Yes the old versions used to have some issues snapping underneath the headtubes, but the new ones are super strong.
This battle again!

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 7:45 Quote
nolan805 wrote:
guys I think I need a taller railWink
bad background smith the rail

sick man

here's a broken 26player

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 8:04 Quote
mhike03 wrote:
nolan805 wrote:
guys I think I need a taller railWink
bad background smith the rail

sick man

here's a broken 26player

that is one of the og frames the frames have come a long way since then and seriously every frame brakes ive broken 2 deity frames now

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 8:39 Quote
so i just put a 25t on my bike and it screwed up my wheel. it cant have the spacers or the chains to tight but if it doent have it it moves and the chainstay slides. i thought my new wheel solved this problem and it did when i had the 28t on but i changed the gearing around so it was too heavy. can anyone tell me a trick that i can use to hold the wheel straight in the chainstays? edit: take note im 250 pounds and its an allen bolt system.

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 8:39 Quote
On a different note, I'm really feeling this Alex Supra BH rear rim. I've only had it for a week or so, but I just have a feeling that it's the one.

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 8:45 Quote
SherryNJess wrote:
so i just put a 25t on my bike and it screwed up my wheel. it cant have the spacers or the chains to tight but if it doent have it it moves and the chainstay slides. i thought my new wheel solved this problem and it did when i had the 28t on but i changed the gearing around so it was too heavy. can anyone tell me a trick that i can use to hold the wheel straight in the chainstays? edit: take note im 250 pounds and its an allen bolt system.
Make smaller spacers?

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 8:49 Quote
i didnt make them but i guess i could chave it down a lil. they came with the wheel i have a dmr backline rear wheel. thanks for the idea. im going to take the day and see if i can think of something and might try that idea.

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 8:56 Quote
crs-one wrote:
On a different note, I'm really feeling this Alex Supra BH rear rim. I've only had it for a week or so, but I just have a feeling that it's the one.

Tru luv Fab

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 8:58 Quote
skinna wrote:
ive broken 2 deity frames now
You kept that so hush hush when you were riding for them. I will wait to form my opinion of Dartmoor when you don't ride for them anymore so I can get your honest opinion of them. LOL.

Skinner

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 9:00 Quote
I'm not taking any sides in this dartmoor argument... I'm just adding input...

One of my buddies bought a 26player frame (the older one to be fair). He slid his wheel in, slammed against the dropouts on both sides and the wheel was pointing right off at an angle. He was like u wot m8.

Turns out one of the chainstays was legit 5-10mm longer than the other. Somehow that had made it through quality control...

Also another mate cracked his at the brake mount - i know its a petty break but that's annoying...

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 9:03 Quote
I was gonna say. If I broke an ns frame , I wouldnt lie about it LOL wtf is wrong with tha peopleeee

Talking bout Ns , Lama sent me some Enigmas for the Majesty , whenever I can ride I'll give you guys an honest opinions on them , they look good for now , one had a shipping defect which is nobodys fault. Still ridable so its good. I think theyre something like 540g , theyre shaped kinda like 721s so thats promissing!

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 9:06 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
Talking bout Ns , Lama sent me some Enigmas for the Majesty , whenever I can ride I'll give you guys an honest opinions on them , they look good for now , one had a shipping defect which is nobodys fault. Still ridable so its good. I think theyre something like 540g , theyre shaped kinda like 721s so thats promissing!

Didn't some of the rise crew ride them, or were they the trailmaster? Either way interested to know.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022553
Mobile Version of Website