The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 9:36 Quote
Dub post but guys , I just weighed my Ns District and theyre 566g. WTF. What am I supose to do with my life now ? No wonder my front end felt a little heavy..

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 9:41 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
Dub post but guys , I just weighed my Ns District and theyre 566g. WTF. What am I supose to do with my life now ? No wonder my front end felt a little heavy..

Kill yourself

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 9:44 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
tom666 wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:
I was gonna say. If I broke an ns frame , I wouldnt lie about it LOL wtf is wrong with tha peopleeee

Pierre mate you're such a good guy. This is why we love you.
And with those 20 pounds I lost , not gonna break any frame anytime soon HAHAHA.

It's cool mane. With dat muscle-memory time you gon' make all kinds of gains once you get back in the gym.

I took 2 months off the gym to concentrate on my exams. My squat and deadlift went down like 10 kilos but my bench went up. Lol. f*ck knows how that happened.

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 9:53 Quote
tom666 wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:

Kill yourself
I might just. Like how have I been so naif, I was always checking all the parts weight and i was wondering why my bike was so heavy LOL I think ill slap some proofs on !

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 9:53 Quote
i've got a new build well and truly on the way.... after being a bit of a twat and spending a load of money on a bike i didn't actually want (it's justifiable, i can't lose money....) just need to wait for all/most of the bits to be delivered! i'm really looking forward to see how it compares to my old 24" cap

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 10:32 Quote
grumpysteve wrote:
i've got a new build well and truly on the way.... after being a bit of a twat and spending a load of money on a bike i didn't actually want (it's justifiable, i can't lose money....) just need to wait for all/most of the bits to be delivered! i'm really looking forward to see how it compares to my old 24" cap
what's the spec so far?

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 10:42 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
tom666 wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:

Kill yourself
I might just. Like how have I been so naif, I was always checking all the parts weight and i was wondering why my bike was so heavy LOL I think ill slap some proofs on !

I run proofs. I'm a complete hack and they still haven't bent under my heavy ass - which is somewhat impressive because I've had them since forever.

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 10:59 Quote
guancho-libre wrote:
grumpysteve wrote:
what's the spec so far?
Illbike candy 26, identiti rebates, salt plus tl stem, octane one hubs, ns fundamental rims, octane one seat/post combo. That's it for now, undecided on bars, probably gusset open prison to keep the cost down and I've had a couple of pairs with no problems, I've got some salt cranks which I'll use for now, but if I can sell a couple of bits I'll get some gusset hunter cranks. Again I've had them before and was very impressed, plus I get them cheap through work. I really need new tyres but £60 a pair I might have to make do for a bit with small block 8's

Basically, I bought a metropolis 2, but it was far too dirt jumpy for me so I'm selling it off in parts and replacing the parts as I go...

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 12:24 Quote
mhike03 wrote:
nolan805 wrote:
guys I think I need a taller railWink
bad background smith the rail

sick man

here's a broken 26player

photo
ouch sorry to see that, was it a good run with the frame though?

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 12:36 Quote
crs-one wrote:
On a different note, I'm really feeling this Alex Supra BH rear rim. I've only had it for a week or so, but I just have a feeling that it's the one.
I was about to pull the trigger on those, but I got some trailmasters at a really good price.

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 12:36 Quote
I just picked up my bike from the house whereI dislocated my arm, after jumping into a pool with it and leaving it like that for 2 days there is no rust, I am fairly surprised tbh

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 12:43 Quote
I was on the heat of the moment and didn't think about water and steel not being friends, however everything still spins smoothly and there's no rust nor in the inside or the ourside

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 13:38 Quote
Got back from holiday, rode across the garden and the bead on my back k-rad separated from the tyre, resulting in a two inch tube hernia.

f*ck

Well that's probably why they were free

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 14:41 Quote
SherryNJess wrote:
so i just put a 25t on my bike and it screwed up my wheel. it cant have the spacers or the chains to tight but if it doent have it it moves and the chainstay slides. i thought my new wheel solved this problem and it did when i had the 28t on but i changed the gearing around so it was too heavy. can anyone tell me a trick that i can use to hold the wheel straight in the chainstays? edit: take note im 250 pounds and its an allen bolt system.
As stated before, take it to a bike shop and let the trained mechanics set it up properly so you don't f*ck this wheel up.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.043188
Mobile Version of Website