The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 6:04 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Had a customer in not long ago who had their seat chewed off by the roomie's dog.

Twice.

Leather seats? I have childhood memories of my dad being very dissapointed in me when i left the baseball glove out and the dog chewed the hell out of it.

Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 6:09 Quote
henry-turner wrote:
crs-one wrote:
henry-turner wrote:
Fatter than a bronx isn't saying much, I cracked 3 without putting a peg near them

was it yours that had the logo punch itself out?
yeah, then the same one cracked on the other side, then I had two more after they got rid of the logo, both cracked, then I sold the fourth one haha

Ah damn. Ah well at least its better expecting it to happen than never knowing when it will crack.
But yeah if and when mine cracks, that will be the review of the 2015 RNS

Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 6:23 Quote
Not advertising.
I'm doing a trial batch of 10 yet-unnamed forks. I'd love to get a few people on 'em so I'll let them go at a reasonable price.
These bad boys should be the spiritual successor to the Tchokr's.

PM me if you dig it.

Still not advertising. Nope.

Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 13:05 Quote
Pretty sure nobody is gunna report you dude.

Definitely interested in reviews. Been longing after another street mtb build.

Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 15:37 Quote
Paging Chris and Nate...

Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 19:39 Quote
I PM'd him right after he posted lol I'll talk to Chris soon about it as well. See if we can cut the price of custom offset down

Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 23:27 Quote
What offset are you guys wanting?

Posted: Sep 11, 2016 at 5:22 Quote
I'd 25 to 28mm. Don't think Chris is that picky tho

Posted: Sep 14, 2016 at 7:42 Quote
What's some good hubs that bolt on F&R?

Posted: Sep 14, 2016 at 8:54 Quote
guys, how does the handlebar rise affect the ability of doing tricks?

Posted: Sep 14, 2016 at 12:24 Quote
savefolla wrote:
guys, how does the handlebar rise affect the ability of doing tricks?

It effects your position on the bike and makes tricks easier or harder for you. Its a personal thing.

Posted: Sep 14, 2016 at 13:57 Quote
Depends a lot on 2 things.

1. BB rise/drop
2. Riders' personal height

Preference comes third, as a lot of people say 'I need a high rise bar but on a DJ frame a high bar feels horrible imo. On a park or street frame it feels natural to have a high bar. If you're under 5' 6". I would not recommend over 2" of rise regardless.

Posted: Sep 14, 2016 at 14:50 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
Depends a lot on 2 things.

1. BB rise/drop
2. Riders' personal height

Preference comes third, as a lot of people say 'I need a high rise bar but on a DJ frame a high bar feels horrible imo. On a park or street frame it feels natural to have a high bar. If you're under 5' 6". I would not recommend over 2" of rise regardless.

Great points.

Do you think Fork Height should also be in that list?

A 26" BMX with like a 390-ish mm axle to crown fork will require a taller handlebar to get a similar stack cockpit height (or pedal level up to grips level). A DH bike with a 180mm travel fork will have a frame that is built around it, and will have a flat bar. The reason "street" bikes are considered different and people are running taller bars (like NS District) is because people are often running 420-ish mm axle-to-crown rigid forks, right?

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.sicklines.com/news-images/reach_stack.jpg
Volume Hessian

Black Market Mob
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/photos/uncategorized/2008/09/25/tenbikes_092508_jmm_0214.jpg

Posted: Sep 14, 2016 at 15:03 Quote
You are right.

Posted: Sep 14, 2016 at 16:30 Quote
Hey everyone, I am pretty new to dirt jumpers and I was wondering how sizing works for them. I'm about 5'10 and I'm not sure if a medium frame would be right for me or not. Others have told me it should be a smaller fit but I'm not sure.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034830
Mobile Version of Website