The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 14:15 Quote
After some tyre suggestions please. Lightweight xc type tyres good for dirt jumps and bmx tracks.

Currently running some very old maxxis crossmarks.

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 15:04 Quote
Larsen TT, Bontrager G Zero, Intense Microknobby.

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 18:22 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
Keep it raw bro, looks great.
thanks man. It's getting some thin rust lines on it where the clear coats cracked over time. It actually look very cool

I'm thinking more about paint for my NS soda build, but no idea if blasting and powder coating aluminum frames is ok.

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 18:33 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Does any frame flex cause binding on the shock? I know it's kinda newish, but how has seal/bushing life been on the protos? What's the frame weight? How tight is the tire clearance? What style of steel was used? Can you teach me how to weld like a god?
I don't see any way it couldn't. it's probably gonna be hard on shocks, just like the P slope and similar designs are.

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 6:59 Quote
My Mafia Blackjack:

Upgrades:

Rockshox Recon TK Silver Solo

Clarkes Hydraulic Rear Brake

KMC Silver Link Chain

Schwalbe crazy bob rear tire

...more to come (And yes, I will cut my steerer tube down...)

photo

photo

Anyone ride street or park in London? Struggling to find regulars to have sessions with :-(

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 16:32 Quote
Council voted last night to build a new park 10 mins easy ride from my house. Stoked af.

Area nimby's likened those who use parks to Isis. They've hit a new level of absurd. Fortunately council seems to realise that.

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 17:55 Quote
Stinky1138 wrote:
Council voted last night to build a new park 10 mins easy ride from my house. Stoked af.

Area nimby's likened those who use parks to Isis. They've hit a new level of absurd. Fortunately council seems to realise that.

Nice I'm jealous!

Also that is some next level idiot.

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 17:55 Quote
Frame: Dartmoor Two6Player 2017 Fork: RockShox PIKE DJ 100mm bar: Blackmarket Bada Boom 31.8MM Stem: Dartmoor Fury v.3 (31.8MM) Grips: Odi Soft Headset and Topcap : Armour Bikes 1-1/8" Oil Slick( 1.5" bearings dartmoor) Seat: Chromag Overture Semenuk-Liaison series Seat Post: FireEye ALU 27.2mm + adapter spacer 30.9 /27.2 Seat clamp: Dartmoor 34.9 Cranks: Subrosa Bitchin Sprocket: BRZRHD LINE 4.0 BB: Odyssey Euro Chain: Odyssey Key chain solid pin Pedals: Dartmoor Candy Pro Rims : Spank Tweet Tweet EVO 28mm. Tires: Maxxis dth skinwall inner Tubes: Maxxis Ultralight BarEnds: Armour Bikes Anti-theft Caps Oil Slick Hubs: Hope pro 2 Evo ss trial

photo
photo

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 18:55 Quote
thats f*cking beautiful

Posted: Jul 12, 2017 at 11:39 Quote
jacob-jay-12 wrote:
After some tyre suggestions please. Lightweight xc type tyres good for dirt jumps and bmx tracks.

Currently running some very old maxxis crossmarks.
Maxxis Ikon 3C, 480g
Raceking Racesport 2.2, 485g
Speedking 2.2, 430g

Had Racekings and speedkings only, ever since i started 26" in like 2012. Speedking came in 2016 i believe. Great great tires, but a little bit thin sidewalls if you like "Curb-wheelside-grinding" lol

But ordered the Ikon tires few days ago so cant wait to test them! Heard good about them.

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 20:39 Quote
picked up a p2 cromo, pretty stock. fork is a dirt jam pro which sofar seems to be usable for street. ive got ns districts on the way, i was looking for recommendations for a rear rim,cranks(and where to find a euro bb to run bmx cranks),tires,and whether its a good idea to lower the fork to 80 or leave it where it is. thanks in advance

photo

Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 3:51 Quote
I'd lower the fork to 80 personally that's what I run
But isn't it a coil sprung fork? If it is you can't lower it.

Hard to reccomend cranks and rims without knowing your budget, deity cranks for sure. I'm not sure where to get the bb, lbs is where I would look to order one

Maybe a 729 rear rim or an Alex supra 28. They are pretty stout rims

Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 14:53 Quote
Thepureface wrote:

Hard to reccomend cranks and rims without knowing your budget, deity cranks for sure. I'm not sure where to get the bb, lbs is where I would look to order one

You can lower pretty much any Marzo fork, just gotta put the spacers in the right spot.

Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 16:46 Quote
Thepureface wrote:

ive got about 500ish to play around with,i've been looking at halo combat rear wheel,and race face chester cranks or grab my buddys wtp royals. not sure on tires yet,i was looking at the cult vans tire but it seems to be on the heavier side.ideally id like to find a pair of booze lights but if anyone knows an alternative id be cool with that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.395795
Mobile Version of Website