The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Aug 19, 2017 at 18:39 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Single digit psi gang were u at

reporting in Salute on my light weight tires i can get away with about 20 most of the time. heavier ones ive gotten damn close before having to pump up lol

How the hell do you ride at 20 psi?

Tubeless? Like my dh bike...?

just smoovvvv. mainly for low speed curb and ledge jibs tho.

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 5:52 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Single digit psi gang were u at

reporting in Salute on my light weight tires i can get away with about 20 most of the time. heavier ones ive gotten damn close before having to pump up lol

lotsa pinch flats

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 7:45 Quote
SolarLonsky wrote:

Not sure I could manage 50 meters Cry

I just went out and checked, I did a couple manuals that were around 60 meters Cool

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 15:03 Quote
BLZ78 wrote:
new 36 and profile/spank wheelset Big Grin
photo
photo

Sick! Beer

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 20:15 Quote
SolarLonsky wrote:
SolarLonsky wrote:

Not sure I could manage 50 meters Cry

I just went out and checked, I did a couple manuals that were around 60 meters Cool
Now, if you quote all this, you gonna have to go for 70 Wink lol

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 23:08 Quote
I was only aiming for 50 because that's what the YouTube guy was aiming for. I reckon I could do 100 (pinkbike meters) easily...

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 7:45 Quote
Stinky1138 wrote:
I can't manual because every bike out there has stupid long top tubes. If i get far enough over the back to balance, my limbs are too stretched and have no give. It's not always as simple as just doing it.

I know what you mean, but I still consider manuals an easy trick if you approach them with confidence. I have a short Vimana (80mm rise Kore bar, shortest Vimana frame). And a Majesty Dirt (only one size, longer reach, lower 38mm rise bar) and the slightly longer cs on the maj coupled with the longer top tube makes it waaay harder to manual, but not impossible. You need to get way lower down, and practice looping out. I used to watch BMX guys nose manual and wonder where they got the nerve to learn that trick, but then I realized- its all about 'bailing confidence'

Next time you go out to practice manuals, take your finger off the lever and loop out/back onto your feet like 5-10 times. Do it slowly, just drop, kick your legs forward, and jump onto your feet. Once you feel like 'i know where the balance point is' start doing slow manuals and bailing naturally.

You actually lose manuals (as in, your ability to do them) over time if you don't them constantly. For instance, I was much better at them in my 20s than I am now. The reason my advice is so long is because I end up relearning manuals all the time. It's that kind of trick. Whenever I have to relearn them, that's what I do. I bail on purpose to familiarize myself with the balance point, then I do some slow manuals, then I start going faster. Fast, long manuals are actually easier to balance but harder to bail from(obviously) so it's the kind of thing that takes commitment, in every possible sense of the word.

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 13:09 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:

lotsa pinch flats
dis too lol

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 13:28 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:

just smoovvvv. mainly for low speed curb and ledge jibs tho.

So, how come low pressure what is the benefit?

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 15:51 Quote
Well if you want to get the tyre off the rim quickly you can just do a 360 slider and peel the tyre straight off the rim lol I rode a bmx with 40psi and that felt like the tyres were doing their own thing and wandering around under the bike. Can imagine going for a spin and the tyre giving out.

I'd like to know why you would sacrifice so much in terms of reliability.

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 16:01 Quote
1 my wrists hurt
2 It's more forgiving then you land a trick sketchy
3 I run brakes from time to time and love me some fufs although I am still learning them

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 16:20 Quote
jespinal wrote:
1 my wrists hurt
2 It's more forgiving then you land a trick sketchy
3 I run brakes from time to time and love me some fufs although I am still learning them

One of the biggest reasons I run 100 is because I weigh 200+, tend to go somewhat high, I like to jump gaps. And Abubacu's and Fuf's are some of my faves

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 16:24 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
Stinky1138 wrote:
I can't manual because every bike out there has stupid long top tubes. If i get far enough over the back to balance, my limbs are too stretched and have no give. It's not always as simple as just doing it.

I know what you mean, but I still consider manuals an easy trick if you approach them with confidence. I have a short Vimana (80mm rise Kore bar, shortest Vimana frame). And a Majesty Dirt (only one size, longer reach, lower 38mm rise bar) and the slightly longer cs on the maj coupled with the longer top tube makes it waaay harder to manual, but not impossible. You need to get way lower down, and practice looping out. I used to watch BMX guys nose manual and wonder where they got the nerve to learn that trick, but then I realized- its all about 'bailing confidence'

Next time you go out to practice manuals, take your finger off the lever and loop out/back onto your feet like 5-10 times. Do it slowly, just drop, kick your legs forward, and jump onto your feet. Once you feel like 'i know where the balance point is' start doing slow manuals and bailing naturally.

You actually lose manuals (as in, your ability to do them) over time if you don't them constantly. For instance, I was much better at them in my 20s than I am now. The reason my advice is so long is because I end up relearning manuals all the time. It's that kind of trick. Whenever I have to relearn them, that's what I do. I bail on purpose to familiarize myself with the balance point, then I do some slow manuals, then I start going faster. Fast, long manuals are actually easier to balance but harder to bail from(obviously) so it's the kind of thing that takes commitment, in every possible sense of the word.

I have the feeling you are taller than i am... and also a duder. Chicks not only have different skeletal structures but weight in different areas of the body that comes into it. I've personally never seen a chick manual on flat, only doubles- which is different. I've been thinking about a Mummy's Lil Monster for a long time.

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 16:34 Quote
Stinky1138 wrote:
Metro-Gnome wrote:
Stinky1138 wrote:

I have the feeling you are taller than i am... and also a duder. Chicks not only have different skeletal structures but weight in different areas of the body that comes into it. I've personally never seen a chick manual on flat, only doubles- which is different. I've been thinking about a Mummy's Lil Monster for a long time.

I feel in cases longer bikes are easier to manual, as you don't have to pump as much to keep it up, I can manual my Ticket with more ease than my Fit Savage

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 19:28 Quote
to the low pressure thing, just makes landing some tricks some what easier. obviously if you are sending big shit you need more PSI but i dont sooo...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.082352
Mobile Version of Website