The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 26, 2017 at 2:48 Quote
@Metro-Gnome that makes sense, thanks for detailed explanation, I will be careful not to apply too much. Beer

Posted: Aug 26, 2017 at 7:09 Quote
Also...left side pedals are reverse threaded, and right side bottom bracket cups. Start the pedal and BB cup threads off by hand before you use a tool, so if they're in crooked you'll feel it right away.

Posted: Aug 26, 2017 at 8:22 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Also...left side pedals are reverse threaded, and right side bottom bracket cups. Start the pedal and BB cup threads off by hand before you use a tool, so if they're in crooked you'll feel it right away.
THIS

good way to make sure you get it in straight is to turn it the wrong way till you feel the thread "click" into the right spot and then start threading it it.

Posted: Aug 26, 2017 at 10:27 Quote
christianridesbikes wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
shoefanu wrote:
Am i right in saying these are Talas? Coil right?

LINK

They are talas fork I'm sure, you can tell they are not air sprung because the blue cap is an adjuster, not a dummy cover for a Schrader valve
if its a talas, it means its an air fork. Have a look at the left leg, theres an air cap in thr centre of the adjuster. This fork is definitely air sprung

My bad, I don't mean to steer you wrong shoefanu. I would not get a talas for a dirtjump bike myself

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 12:03 Quote
Hey guys. Been off the bike a fair while now and decided to get back on. Just need to update a few parts first.

Main issue being tyres... anyone recommend some decent street/park folding tyres?

Seems to be a serious lack of choice out there. Not after khes and they seem to have stopped doing the dth in the uk?

Taa

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 12:32 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
christianridesbikes wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

They are talas fork I'm sure, you can tell they are not air sprung because the blue cap is an adjuster, not a dummy cover for a Schrader valve
if its a talas, it means its an air fork. Have a look at the left leg, theres an air cap in thr centre of the adjuster. This fork is definitely air sprung

My bad, I don't mean to steer you wrong shoefanu. I would not get a talas for a dirtjump bike myself

decided against it. I got an argyle instead for cheap.

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 13:28 Quote
Mtbzach wrote:
Hey guys. Been off the bike a fair while now and decided to get back on. Just need to update a few parts first.

Main issue being tyres... anyone recommend some decent street/park folding tyres?

Seems to be a serious lack of choice out there. Not after khes and they seem to have stopped doing the dth in the uk?

Taa

Tioga powerblocks seem to be good or intense microknobbies if you can find them.

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 15:23 Quote
Being injured now and will be out for awhile so just thought id throw together some clips since its been ages since i posted a video, hope you like it guys!

Love to hear some feedback!

Views: 240    Faves: 3    Comments: 3

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 15:52 Quote
on the subject of tires, I seem to have f-ed off my specialized rhythm lite control rear tire, landed a little too sideways on a gap that wasn't even that gnar... must have torn some of the threads inside the casing or something as it's so far off I can feel the bike moving under me with every rotation... rim is most definitely not bent either and the bead looks good... Just been riding street for the most part over the few months I've had them

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 18:51 Quote
Bead deformation isn't that abnormal. Might want to try ghetto tubeless if you want to salvage them. Sometimes it helps. If theres a bulge and you have an old spare/junk tire laying around I've 'patched' blown out sidewalls by gorilla gluing a piece of sidewall to the inside of the bulge.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 7:21 Quote
liamarcher wrote:
StefanNielsen wrote:
Current ride:...

Spec please , curious about this build .

It reminds me a bit of a Superco . . . but I can tell it's a little different... http://www.ridesuperco.com/bikes.php

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.044866
Mobile Version of Website