The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Nov 28, 2017 at 14:06 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Yep, thems the dirts, not the parks. Thicker rubber, same sidewall IIRC. They last longer at a very marginal weight gain.

Those are a different tire altogether, very different specs and weight. I'd still love to try one, but it's different.

Last time I spoke to them in a professional capacity KHE said the old one (the 2.1" that we all know and love/hate) is out of production, minimum order of 10,000 units to get it going again. I said thanks, I'll think about it.

Posted: Nov 28, 2017 at 16:16 Quote
That's the weight for the 1.5. Don't run that. Can't see the weight for the 2.2.

Posted: Nov 28, 2017 at 16:17 Quote
crs-one wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Yep, thems the dirts, not the parks. Thicker rubber, same sidewall IIRC. They last longer at a very marginal weight gain.

Those are a different tire altogether, very different specs and weight. I'd still love to try one, but it's different.

Last time I spoke to them in a professional capacity KHE said the old one (the 2.1" that we all know and love/hate) is out of production, minimum order of 10,000 units to get it going again. I said thanks, I'll think about it.

Thought they were essentially the same, rubber thickness and profile aside?

Posted: Nov 28, 2017 at 16:49 Quote
Wow, I actually run a 2.4 Holy Roller up front with a 2.35 Crazy Bob in the back, as I tend to ride pretty rough. Then again, the Table Tops as well as the Smallblock 8 are still a pretty good option for weight savings, while still having tons of grip.

As for bars, I just got Azonic Flow bars measuring at 750x50 and they are incredibly comfortable! Best bar so far Smile

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 at 4:05 Quote
liamthebadger wrote:
Finally started building another DJ bike, what tyres are people running for skateparks? I remember having Mac2s before but they seem impossible to find in the UK. (26")

Resist nomads Salute

Bit heavy but great grip

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 at 5:24 Quote
running BombTrack Helix V2's RN. heavy but burely ass sidewalls so me and them streets get along well with minimum flats.

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 at 8:12 Quote
I had 3 26" bikes at one point and ran khe Mac 2 dirts and parks on every wheel, every bike because I wouldn't settle for anything less. I switched a few of the front tires to spesh and conti race Kings since then, but only because I don't ride park/street 26" I ride that terrain 20" only now

Either way, the best possible rear tire you can run on a 26 is the mac2 dirt. The 20" explodes fast if you run the recommended pressure, but the 26" mac2 is bulletproof. As an example-
Five 20" mac2 dirts have exploded on me in the past year.
And I still have five- super old 24/26" mac2 dirts and parks and they still ride pretty damn well considering how much abuse they've seen. I don't get it.

Edit -also I've weighed the khe Mac 2 26" and it's about 550-570grams(they vary slightly obviously). Dirt is almost exactly the same, 570-600.

Also double edit-if you dont run super high pressure and maintain psi weekly you should def not run these tires.

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 at 9:31 Quote
Ya you guys reccomended the khe Mac 2 tire to me, it's an amazing tire. My favourite part is how much grip it gets in bowls, coming from small block 8's I can ride way faster now in the bowls

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 at 13:16 Quote
GEAX BOOZE

Or whatever that company is called now...

Ive had Mac 2 dirt, park, kenda sb8, bontrager g zeros, maxxis ikon you name it, and the Booze light were by far my favorite tire.

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 at 14:00 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
GEAX BOOZE

Ive had Mac 2 dirt, park, kenda sb8, bontrager g zeros, maxxis ikon you name it, and the Booze light were by far my favorite tire.

It's been so long since you owned a DJ your opinion is invalid Razz

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 at 22:29 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
GEAX BOOZE

+1 one for this....

Posted: Nov 30, 2017 at 0:13 Quote
Need some cranks for my slope / mini DH set up (bottlerocket) , what’s good ? Don’t really want to spend more than £200 inc’ bottom bracket

Posted: Nov 30, 2017 at 0:24 Quote
Cant go wrong with profiles..

Posted: Nov 30, 2017 at 2:40 Quote
StefanNielsen wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:
GEAX BOOZE

+1 one for this....
Also +1
It's now made by Vittoria

Posted: Nov 30, 2017 at 6:48 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:
GEAX BOOZE

It's been so long since you owned a DJ your opinion is invalid Razz
Redface Moon

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.146468
Mobile Version of Website